Veteran

23 Nov 2022, 1:51 am

We cant get enough of em.

chesapeake VA

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2022, 2:39 am

If these guys are doing this for infamy, they gotta up their game. This one has already been forgotten about pretty much. Same same daily nonsense so most people, except for victims' families and people in very close proximity, just kinda gloss over this news like other daily recurring headlines and weather reports.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2022, 3:28 am

The sad thing is, these shootings don't even register with me anymore. When Columbine happened, it shook the world. When Sandy Hook happened, it shook the world. Now they don't register much. Even Uvalde didn't affect me much. It was horrendously sad but my brain doesn't really get shocked by that sort of thing anymore.

We are all getting numbed by the continual violence. Wake up USA and do something about your gun problem.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2022, 4:45 am

KitLily wrote:
The sad thing is, these shootings don't even register with me anymore. When Columbine happened, it shook the world. When Sandy Hook happened, it shook the world. Now they don't register much. Even Uvalde didn't affect me much. It was horrendously sad but my brain doesn't really get shocked by that sort of thing anymore.

We are all getting numbed by the continual violence. Wake up USA and do something about your gun problem.

They register with me. While I understand that the chances of becoming a victim of a mass shooting are minimal every time this happens the idea that this could happen to me or somebody I care about becomes a little more realistic.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2022, 4:48 am

Andre Bing identified as suspect manager in mass shooting at Walmart in Chesapeake, Virginia

Quote:
People said it may have been a night manager Bing shot 3 in the breakroom and 1 in the parking lot. Manager also may have shot himself. Reports coming from people that were in the store.

A witness told FOX3: Manager Andre Bing at Walmart in Chesapeake snapped walked out & shot a lady in her head then shot another man in his head .. both dead . Then shot my homeboy dead then shot himself in the head.

FOX3 is continuing its efforts to acquire additional knowledge. At this moment, there is no information regarding the precise number of victims or the severity of injuries sustained by those who were wounded.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2022, 6:08 am

KitLily wrote:

A lot of the shooters are also livestream their killings. Most young people know how to enter the dark web where you can find an assortment of videos taken down from the web but still searchable. And there is much worse stuff teenage boys currently access for their viewing pleasure.

You create a society which normalises this stuff and give them the NRA endorsed constitutional right to purchase weapons then you have a fertile ground for future endless mass shootings.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2022, 11:43 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
KitLily wrote:

They register with me. While I understand that the chances of becoming a victim of a mass shooting are minimal every time this happens the idea that this could happen to me or somebody I care about becomes a little more realistic.

I suppose it affects Americans more. The likelihood of me or someone I know getting shot is so very, very unlikely in England that it seems to be a distant problem. I don't know anyone who owns a gun and I've never seen one. I don't know anyone who has seen a gun. We have more knife crime.

I think also it's the 24/7 scrolling news that numbs us. After endless horror after horror after horror, I can't react anymore. My reactions have been exhausted.

I don't watch the news anymore because it's too depressing and everywhere I look, in my face BAM BAM BAM. I can't do anything about these horrible events so why watch them?

I'm more worried about climate change, I'm not sure there will be any humans left in 50 years time.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2022, 11:45 am

cyberdad wrote:
A lot of the shooters are also livestream their killings. Most young people know how to enter the dark web where you can find an assortment of videos taken down from the web but still searchable. And there is much worse stuff teenage boys currently access for their viewing pleasure.

You create a society which normalises this stuff and give them the NRA endorsed constitutional right to purchase weapons then you have a fertile ground for future endless mass shootings.

Now that IS shocking and disgusting. No wonder the human race is becoming so horrible and cruel if they can indulge their fantasies like that.

I think it's too late for America. They are probably going to wipe each other out eventually.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2022, 3:45 pm

Oh boy another cluster of mass shootings. Weird how when there is one shooting there are usually a few others soon after.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2022, 4:48 pm

AFAIK that's not exactly the best area. A Walmart shooting over there seems like a normal occurrence. It's our own little Chicago.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2022, 4:59 pm

KitLily wrote:
I think it's too late for America. They are probably going to wipe each other out eventually.

I agree that its too late for the US. It will never remove the constitutional right to carry arms. It's historic forced social stratification has also created a dystopian hell on earth for those unlucky enough to be born in urban ghettos. Either the police pull armed revolvers on you or you have to manage stray bullets from gang bangers or get accosted by armed thugs asking for your wallet.

Now even your workplace or public places are not safe.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2022, 6:07 pm

I always get the feeling some folks out there secretly want Americans to slaughter each other and destroy their own country. It's pretty sh***y if you ask me...

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2022, 8:22 pm

When will this pandemic ever stop?! :evil:

(To clarify, I am referring to this and not COVID-19.)

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2022, 8:46 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
When will this pandemic ever stop?! :evil:

(To clarify, I am referring to this and not COVID-19.)

I agree. I'm sick of this. :(

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2022, 10:56 pm

American society is basically "Well my life sucks, guess I'll go shoot people in public".

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2022, 11:48 pm

Wonder why this is so prevalent now.
There were piles of guns around when I was a teen and really no background checks and this wasn’t going on.Never crossed my mind there would be a shooting at a school or in a store.
What has made all these people sick in the head?