Shooting in Walmart Near Virginia Beach

Page 2 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2022, 12:07 am

Walmart Manager Who Killed 6 Had a Manifesto on His Phone: Report

Quote:
The Walmart manager who laughed while brutally shooting six people dead and injuring several more on Tuesday night had a manifesto on his phone explaining the motive for his horrific killing, according to a new report.

Law enforcement described Andre Bing’s manifesto to 10 On Your Side’s Chris Horne on Wednesday night, saying it describes how Bing was “upset about the recent change in employment status and was being harassed about it by fellow employees.”

Further details on the manifesto were unavailable, but The Daily Beast has contacted the Chesapeake Police Department for comment.

A former employee of the store reiterated “issues” to WAVY, saying that while the manager was “eccentric,” they “never saw this coming, not from a million miles away.”

“I mean, from what I saw, he was a good guy, but I’ve heard that he had issues, and they tried to talk him through his issues,” the worker, who asked to remain anonymous, said.

“Sometimes he could be a little hard to get along with, some associates didn’t like him. But I don’t think they bullied him,” he said.

Walmart earlier confirmed Bing, 31, was a “team lead” who had worked with the company since 2010. He was the Chesapeake, Virginia, store’s night manager and was dressed in civilian clothing instead of armor or a ballistic vest as he began his rampage, pulling out a handgun in the break room before an employee meeting and firing in rapid succession.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2022, 5:01 am

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
I always get the feeling some folks out there secretly want Americans to slaughter each other and destroy their own country. It's pretty sh***y if you ask me...

Well I don't! Of course if only the crazy, violent psychopath Americans got killed, that would be the best outcome but they are the ones most likely to survive because they are the ones doing the shootings. It's the innocent ones who are getting killed.

This is really not good.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2022, 5:03 am

Misslizard wrote:
Wonder why this is so prevalent now.
There were piles of guns around when I was a teen and really no background checks and this wasn’t going on.Never crossed my mind there would be a shooting at a school or in a store.
What has made all these people sick in the head?

Yes in American films of the 20th century the characters are shocked if they see a gun e.g. Desperately Seeking Susan. I think that shows how it used to be in America, before gun crime really took off.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2022, 9:57 am

KitLily wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:
I always get the feeling some folks out there secretly want Americans to slaughter each other and destroy their own country. It's pretty sh***y if you ask me...

Well I don't! Of course if only the crazy, violent psychopath Americans got killed, that would be the best outcome but they are the ones most likely to survive because they are the ones doing the shootings. It's the innocent ones who are getting killed.

This is really not good.

I know you dont KitLily, but there's other people on the internet (tankies, 50 cent warriors, etc) who make it clear that they want us to completely collapse like Rome.

Human beings feed on the misery of other human beings. :|

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2022, 12:18 pm

Misslizard wrote:
There were piles of guns around when I was a teen and really no background checks and this wasn’t going on.Never crossed my mind there would be a shooting at a school or in a store.

Probably multiple reasons.
Food supply has been further tainted = peoples' physical & mental health is generally worse.
Many occurrences = desensitized/copy cats more likely.
Increased media coverage of each one = nuts get the idea that they too can go nuts like that.
USA just had a potus that promotes violence.
The gun lobby is strong enough to buy law makers off so they just send hopes and prayers instead of doing anything to slow the sale of guns & ammo to nuts.
Covid isolation & general economic mess as a result.
Cults are more commonplace, like q or trumpism, so maybe these easily impressionable people are part of the problem.
I bet guns are even more prevalent today than in 1980, especially guns used to kill people vs. target shoot or hunt animals.
General economic woes unrelated to covidtimes - the last 4 decades have seen most of the gains go to the top 1% so there's even more massive wealth disparity. (No that there wasn't during rampant slavery, but gun ownership was mostly restricted to the people owning class back then.)

The whole copy cat trend thing is probably a contributing factor.. the more it happens the more it happens, just becomes a trend, an accepted part of life until it eventually becomes "Because that's the way we've always done it," and people just shoot each other when they're stressed or over differences etc much like some countries where people are born into wars that have been going on for generations and no one knows anymore why they fight their neighbours, just that that's what they do..

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2022, 12:27 pm

Stop listening to the idiots on the Internet.

Trust me….people I know take guns very seriously.

Americans aren’t usually gung-ho about guns—but there are too many who are.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2022, 12:30 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Stop listening to the idiots on the Internet.

Trust me….people I know take guns very seriously.

Americans aren’t usually gung-ho about guns—but there are too many who are.

???

You mean the news headlines about another batch of people murdered? :?

I'm certainly not on any sort of violent extremist websites reading/viewing things posted by unstable people with guns tainting my opinion of gun culture in the USA. Just seeing the same barrage of headlines about gun deaths in the USA as the rest of the world sees.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2022, 12:34 pm

Oh another one. Why even do it for infamy when it's a daily occurrence in the US?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2022, 12:36 pm

No…I mean the idiots on the Internet talking about civil war in the US, espousing delusional ideologies, and giving the impression that all the US is like a Charles Bronson movie. I lived in NYC all my life, and have known only one person who owns a handgun.

What we should do is seek to make the alienated less alienated. Try to give these folks a reason to live. The Internet makes the alienated more alienated.

We should encourage more resilience in people. There’s too many people who go off the deep end over relatively minor adverse events in their lives.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2022, 12:41 pm

Good point. Add insurrectionists & accelerationists to the list.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2022, 12:59 pm

The only reason I'm so vocal about America having another civil war is because the red flags are all there and it really scares me. I don't see how anybody can ignore it at this point.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2022, 10:58 pm

cyberdad wrote:
KitLily wrote:
I think it's too late for America. They are probably going to wipe each other out eventually.

I agree that its too late for the US. It will never remove the constitutional right to carry arms. It's historic forced social stratification has also created a dystopian hell on earth for those unlucky enough to be born in urban ghettos. Either the police pull armed revolvers on you or you have to manage stray bullets from gang bangers or get accosted by armed thugs asking for your wallet.

Now even your workplace or public places are not safe.

It is too late. I've been saying this over and over. *there were 40 Million more guns than people in 2013, I believe it was. Even if they removed the constitutional right to bear arms they would never find them all. The registered weapons are just the tip of the iceberg. There are millions of guns that have been gifted, sold, or stolen and they have no idea where they've gotten off too.

It has become survival of the fittest, which is a huge part of why law abiding citizens would never give up their weapons without a fight. And if the government would think killing us all to get our guns would be a suitable solution, why not save some money and let us eventually do it ourselves?

This being said, I'm not afraid. It's conditioning. I know where to go and when, where not to go and why.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2022, 12:19 am

we don't JUST have a guns problem here south of the border, we have a VIOLENCE PROBLEM in general. up here a few days back was a mass stabbing attack that left several people pushin' up the daisies. every GD day there seems to be at least one such violent massacre. and nobody listens to the folks with the solutions. IMHO we have devolved into a quasi-dystopian culture at this point. people with money refuse to allow our culture to change/evolve in the way it must.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2022, 11:14 am

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
I know you dont KitLily, but there's other people on the internet (tankies, 50 cent warriors, etc) who make it clear that they want us to completely collapse like Rome.

Human beings feed on the misery of other human beings. :|

Human beings have too much free time these days. In the past everyone worked all day or they died. Now days people have too much leisure time so they come up with conspiracy theories, spy on other people's lives, do stupid things.

There, I said it!

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2022, 1:22 am

Misslizard wrote:

Basically, it's a meme, the media has shown every disaffected person out there that there's one surefire way to make the world pay attention to them if only briefly, and so they keep following the script. You hit the nail on the head, guns used to be over the counter or mail order purchases and were in a greater percentage of homes, and no one ever thought to use them to shoot a bunch of strangers at random, it's the mind virus and not the guns that are the issue.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2022, 10:52 am

Dox47 wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Basically, it's a meme, the media has shown every disaffected person out there that there's one surefire way to make the world pay attention to them if only briefly, and so they keep following the script. You hit the nail on the head, guns used to be over the counter or mail order purchases and were in a greater percentage of homes, and no one ever thought to use them to shoot a bunch of strangers at random, it's the mind virus and not the guns that are the issue.

So, if it's not all the guns that Americans have that other countries don't and it's a mind virus, why hasn't this mind virus spread to other countries? :?

Know what the American mind virus looks like when it leaks across the border into Canada? Handguns. Then those viral bullet slingers end up in the hands of drug gangs who shoot mostly each other over turf. Such a strange physical manifestation of a mind virus..