Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2022, 8:33 am

These two conditions are the same. It is a brain flip. The dominant left side of the human brain (our daytime brain) becomes injured and goes off line. In a way we die. But the supporting brain that exist on the right side of the skull, which normally exist in our dream state (REM and NREM) springs to life and tries to keep us alive. These two brains are very different beings.

As a child of around age 3, I was struck by a large bull. It severely damaged by left side of my brain. As a result, I experienced what is described as a near death experience. I became an Aspie. Now, a couple years ago in my 70's, I suffered a massive stroke. In addition to severe aphasia damage, I also lost half of my vision on my right side. Normally this would be almost a life ending experience. But because I suffered a brain flip as a child, I was able to make significant recovery (not complete but significant).

These two conditions Asperger's Syndrome and Aphasia are the same.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2022, 3:37 pm

Quote:
Inability to comprehend language
Inability to pronounce, not due to muscle paralysis or weakness
Inability to speak spontaneously
Inability to form words
Inability to name objects (anomia)
Poor enunciation
Excessive creation and use of personal neologisms
Inability to repeat a phrase
Persistent repetition of one syllable, word, or phrase (stereotypies, recurrent/recurring utterances/speech automatism)
Paraphasia (substituting letters, syllables or words)
Agrammatism (inability to speak in a grammatically correct fashion)
Dysprosody (alterations in inflection, stress, and rhythm)
Incomplete sentences
Inability to read
Inability to write
Limited verbal output
Difficulty in naming
Speech disorder
Speaking gibberish
Inability to follow or understand simple requests

I dont have any of these symptoms though.

Someone else posted and said that brains of dead aspies were examined and found to be child-like in structure.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2022, 12:01 pm

klanka wrote:

Someone else posted and said that brains of dead aspies were examined and found to be child-like in structure.

Many of the symptoms that you wrote describe what I experienced immediately after my stroke. I lost my ability to read (bur I retained my ability to write). Fortunately, I was able to regain that ability back after a few days. After my stroke, I looked at some writing and the words brake apart. Each of the letters fragmented into many pieces in front of my eyes and reassembled back into an entirely new alphabet system. One I could not read or interpret.

In addition, I lost my knowledge of all words. There were a few words left over but they were words I had learned from songs many years ago when I was young. It was extremely hard for me to say anything intelligently because I could not find the right words to say. So I substituted the few words that survived. So instead of saying one simple word, I had to use 10 or 20 words that were still inside my brain instead. It was so complex that most people could not understand what I was trying to say.

Luckily I was able to begin repairing the damage quickly. I was able to learn how to read again. I am at around the 8th grade level but my speed is still slow. It didn't impact my ability to write, only read. I wrote a short article to myself around three and a half weeks after my stroke. But I couldn't really read what I had written. I found the letter around a half year after my stroke and I was astonished by what I had written.

Now when I was around age 3 and suffered a near death experience, at that time I probably couldn't yet read or write. I was able to speak at around age 2 years and 3 months. But even at that age, I was only at the beginning of learning speech.

You wrote "
klanka wrote:

This makes a lot of sense. When I was struck by a large bull around the age of 3 and experienced a near death experience, the dominant left side of my brain died. The supporting brain on the right side of my skull came on line a short while later. It didn't know what happened. I had been brought to my bed in the house. I saw my dead body had been placed into my bed and my parents were looking at me in utter horror. I was not my body. I was right next to my body but I could see both my dead body and my parent. Then a voice came and said "Live or Die, Your Choice." I do not know where the voice came from. I never heard it speak to me before. I just couldn't allow my parents to feel such pain and hurt. So I said Live. But I came back as a very different person. I was utterly fearless.

Lecia_Wynter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Feb 2023, 4:12 pm

jimmy m wrote:
These two conditions are the same. It is a brain flip. The dominant left side of the human brain (our daytime brain) becomes injured and goes off line. In a way we die. But the supporting brain that exist on the right side of the skull, which normally exist in our dream state (REM and NREM) springs to life and tries to keep us alive. These two brains are very different beings.

As a child of around age 3, I was struck by a large bull. It severely damaged by left side of my brain. As a result, I experienced what is described as a near death experience. I became an Aspie. Now, a couple years ago in my 70's, I suffered a massive stroke. In addition to severe aphasia damage, I also lost half of my vision on my right side. Normally this would be almost a life ending experience. But because I suffered a brain flip as a child, I was able to make significant recovery (not complete but significant).

Stereotypical spergs seem very left brained and good with language. Sheldon, Sherlock, etc.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2023, 12:14 pm

But at the age of 3, the mind can try and develop and reorganize itself. But it cannot totally repair itself. We have quirks. We possess many different quirks that vary from one individual to the next. Many Aspies have very different and unusual quirks. Our bodies tried the best it could to fix us, but the damage was great and we tend to have idiosyncrasies.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2023, 9:01 pm

More like an aspect of autism than just specifically aspergers. The less verbally inclined types within the spectrum.

In my own case, I'm just someone with autism who happened to pass for aspergers.

Heck, I am leaning towards the language issues side of the spectrum than the stereotypical verbose aspie type of cognitive profile.

No history of head injuries here. Or any brain damage or diseases involved.
Because there were no notable milestone issues until school age.

But sure, if I got no pattern seeking compensation, if I had never been obsessed with letters and symbols or the idea of foreign or coded languages as a child, I would've been diagnosed with a language learning disability at some point.

And yes, there are plenty of real life observations that this happens to me, though inconsistent.
In my own observation, it's just this bias against emotional liability and executive dysfunction.

But to be sure, I would have to be checked by an SLP... Which I can push my luck a bit to make that happen.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Last edited by Edna3362 on 21 Feb 2023, 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2023, 9:16 pm

klanka wrote:
Quote:
Inability to comprehend language
Inability to pronounce, not due to muscle paralysis or weakness
Inability to speak spontaneously
Inability to form words
Inability to name objects (anomia)
Poor enunciation
Excessive creation and use of personal neologisms
Inability to repeat a phrase
Persistent repetition of one syllable, word, or phrase (stereotypies, recurrent/recurring utterances/speech automatism)
Paraphasia (substituting letters, syllables or words)
Agrammatism (inability to speak in a grammatically correct fashion)
Dysprosody (alterations in inflection, stress, and rhythm)
Incomplete sentences
Inability to read
Inability to write
Limited verbal output
Difficulty in naming
Speech disorder
Speaking gibberish
Inability to follow or understand simple requests

Those sound like symptoms of a person with intellectual disability. I've met a person like that before. He wasn't autistic but couldn't walk at all even though he was full adult size, and he had all these symptoms listed here. I don't know if it was just some sort of birth defect or if he was a victim of a tragic accident in the past or what.

Emmett
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Apr 2023, 9:04 pm

jimmy m wrote:

I am hyperlexic. Meaning I have a much larger vocabulary than most. Sooooo, no.

If the connection you are making were true, it could be easily seen in an MRI. Even if it were some kind of brain death in an infant, it could still easily be detected. There would be no question of why people are autistic.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2023, 11:42 pm

So many people on this site seem to be hyperlexic. Not me though, but I don't have aphasia either.

Comparing high-functioning ASD to aphasia is like comparing apples to oranges. They aren't similar at all.

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2023, 5:01 pm

Joe90 wrote:
So many people on this site seem to be hyperlexic. Not me though, but I don't have aphasia either.

Comparing high-functioning ASD to aphasia is like comparing apples to oranges. They aren't similar at all.

Possibly, but also keep in mind that dictionaries and thesauruses are affordable these days. And browsers have some facility for grammar and spell checking built in these days.We don't generally know how much time people are spending looking up words and grammar checking.

Campingbare
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Oct 2023, 5:51 pm

MatchboxVagabond wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

Possibly, but also keep in mind that dictionaries and thesauruses are affordable these days. And browsers have some facility for grammar and spell checking built in these days.We don't generally know how much time people are spending looking up words and grammar checking.

To quote Monty Python, "I'm not!"

Meyer-Briggs: INTP Comorbidities: Narcolepsy, NPD, Alexithemia, Dyspraxia, Prosopagnosia, Anomia, IBS
........................If God meant for us to go around naked, we'd have been born that way........................