Veteran

24 Nov 2022, 5:34 am

Thanksgiving can bite me.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2022, 6:37 am

I’m sorry to hear that. :(

Practicing gratitude daily has been one of the things that has made my life more enjoyable and interesting.

I hope you get through the day without too much distress.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2022, 9:29 am

In a life wise sense? So am I even if I'm the luckiest person alive.
Nothing to do with the historical context of the holiday. I don't mind the holiday itself.

I cannot practice gratitude.

Not without feeling like I'm invalidating myself, not without feeling like a farce and a raging urge to throw everything I received as a gift or a freebie, not without provoking this itch to leave everything behind and more so throw anything that my parents ever brought onto their faces.

I blame my then ignorant mom for her incesstant rants about how her childhood is crappier than mine that I should be 'grateful' and not be a spoiled brat. :roll:

Even if she changed now, the damage is still done and still there.
That in my mind, anyone have it worse than me in any way and likely can do it better and my circumstances do not matter. :roll:

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2022, 11:12 am

We had Thanksgiving last month in Canada, but I'm you. What does anyone have to be thankful for living in a world like this? I guess I should be thankful to still be healthy, living under a roof and have food and heat and electricity, but there are about a billion things that could take all of that away from me in a split second.

Actually there are around 8 billion things.