Not knowing what you feel - physically

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

24 Nov 2022, 5:39 am

I wonder if anyone on WP relates.

People were really surprised when I mentioned that I need to be careful not to forget to eat because I do almost not notice hunger.
Today I was in a really bad mood and only after some tense conversation with my husband, I realized my shoulders are all aching after yesterday's training. I asked my husband if he ever is in pain without realizing it and he said - no way.

Apparently, I have very poor connection with my body - or so deep focus that signals from the body get mostly ignored.

I wonder if there are people on WP who experience something similar.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2022, 6:34 am

I am detached from my body and super-sensitive at the same time.

On the grand scale, I do not recognize hunger or worse, thirst. I have no trouble eating because I enjoy food. Fluids I must remember consciously. I have even had some close encounters with dehydration. One just last year. I started feeling faint; my blood pressure was at a level one would see in heart failure.

I have trouble recognizing and describing pain and fatigue.

But I am alert to subtle changes such as incipient colds or flu, dizziness, nausea.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2022, 7:23 am

Yeah, I can relate. I even have to keep note of how much water I'm drinking so that I don't forget to drink enough (suffered from dehydration a few times because of that!).

I have to set an alarm to remind me when it's time to eat. My workout routines help me remember, too.