Feeling like I should have lived the high life

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2022, 1:40 pm

I hear from some people in their mid twenties explaining how they are at the height of their careers and businesses and living quite recklessly and being quite self-indulgent and wanting to make lots of money and having 2 or 3 flashy cars and so on. For some reason, it doesn't really want to inspire me and makes me feel quite bad that I wasn't aspiring make lots of money and buy nice cars. I didn't feel like I wanted to aspire to become a flashy, reckless and self-indulgent money-making business-man with fancy cars. I seem to feel that's what every young person aspires to be and I feel like the only one who hasn't followed that career path. I work for a company since I was 26 but I don't actually own a business and my car is not at all fancy or flashy. I did business studies at school but at the time I couldn't seem to get into it and I don't even know what business I'd do. I feel as though if I want to write a book and publish it afterwards, I'd make money from the sales of those books.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2022, 12:52 pm

No fancy cars for me….ever.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2022, 6:00 pm

I would say a distinct minority of 25-year-old people have fancy cars or own businesses.

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2022, 4:45 pm

I seem to think that men in particular, we are sold this image of having everything and having a great and extravagant lifestyle like some playboy.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2022, 6:40 pm

Very few people actually live that “cool” lifestyle.