are you looking forward to christmas

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2022, 9:26 am

i know i am

im working christmas morning only doing 2 trips from airport to uni on the bus then finish 1pm

then got the rest off until new years

but i dont mind driving a bus on christmas day in fact look forward to it because no traffic on the road and will be tranquility in my bus cabin

then husband cook me a xmas dinner for when i go home

i just love christmas.anyone else ?

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2022, 9:43 am

Technically, it's already Christmas here before Halloween came and it lasts until New Year.

At late December?
I'm looking forward to the 13th month bonuses.
Also the upcoming perfect climate to walk and cycle around the month.

Exuses to get myself "drunk" in chocolate, staying up for days just for the heck of it, presenting really random desserts and let my relatives judge, gag gifts and people attempting to make me drunk in alcohol.

Lose more time here.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2022, 10:06 am

My slave plantation closed on Christmas so don't have to work (usually work Sundays). That's the only good thing about it

Black Friday, too many angry customers

Too many things closed Christmas, can't do nothing

But no cash and no car, so can't do nothing anyways

Zero "friends"

Feel left out and other stupid forms of BS

It's a holiday every day somewhere in the solar system

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2022, 11:24 am

I hate this time of year, and this year is worse than ever. The city traffic is worse than ever, everyone is stressed out and acting like bigger idiots than usual, and of course, disease is running rampant. I don't understand why there is so much pressure to spend winter holidays with family when most people absolutely cannot stand their family and would rather slit their own throat than be with them at all. At least that's not a problem with my own family, we don't end up in a huge, literal fight trying to force each other's political and religious opinions down each other's throats. Maybe that's more of a American thing. But being around large noisy, germ-ridden groups of people overloads my senses and makes me bored and stressed no matter what, so I stay away from all of that no matter what.

If we're all still alive and healthy by December 24th, then I'll be able to relax and enjoy the holiday somewhat. Or at least be able to mask that I'm enjoying it.

Radish
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2022, 3:47 pm

Christmas is just Meh. It comes and goes and is of little or no relevance.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2022, 5:43 pm

Not really.Maybe if someone was fixing me a wonderful dinner and I was getting some nice things.I usually put up some holiday greenery and some decorations but maybe not this year.
It will just be another day.
I like the Solstice because the days will be getting longer.
I would be excited to go see this, but that’s not going to happen.I can’t drive at night in traffic with the blinding new headlights.
https://www.friendsofthegarden.org/even ... ens-aglow/

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2022, 6:05 pm

I love the atmosphere in shopping centers etc where there are Christmas decorations etc. I'll be off work from before Christmas to early January. I'll be with my family this Christmas and New Year. We'll have special meals. So, yeah, I'm really looking forward to that time of the year, or I'm already enjoying this period leading up to it.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2022, 10:47 pm

I'm looking forward to Christmas. It's my favourite time of the year. I spend the entire year getting ready for it.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2022, 11:07 pm

Not really it's stinking hot at christmas and all you hear is silly snow songs, also there's nothing much on the Television except sport, sport and more sport.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2022, 8:16 pm

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2022, 12:47 pm

My whole life was nearly destroyed only a few days before Christmas when I was practically left to die alone in the hospital, and it wouldn't be until after the New Year that I'd be finally diagnosed with Asperger's. I became so depressed about the holidays afterwards I changed the labels on my boxes of "Christmas decorations" to "December decorations".

I put up my decorations yesterday but I really just wanted to get it over with and not because I wanted to put them up. In 2020 I did make some new decorations that were more a bit more cynical than the usual cutesy smiling snow people or reindeer. Like a black sheep wearing a Santa hat saying "Baa, humbug!" :twisted:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2022, 3:15 am

I am looking forward to my first Christmas in the Philippines.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2022, 3:19 am

It's not about Christmas Day for me. The day itself is kind of stressful.

I celebrate / enjoy Christmas from early November until at least Twelfth Night in January.

Often I keep the lights and decor up much longer.

It's all a stim for me, with lots of comforting nostalgia.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2022, 3:53 am

I am for my kids.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2022, 7:27 pm

Edna3362 wrote:
Technically, it's already Christmas here before Halloween came and it lasts until New Year.

At late December?
I'm looking forward to the 13th month bonuses.
Also the upcoming perfect climate to walk and cycle around the month.

Exuses to get myself "drunk" in chocolate, staying up for days just for the heck of it, presenting really random desserts and let my relatives judge, gag gifts and people attempting to make me drunk in alcohol.
4 Months of Christmas spirit!

(The "-ber" months.)

Our tree was already up before we arrived in mid-September.  The kasem-bahay (sp?) is practicing her holiday baking.  We have revised the Noche-Buena menu more times than I can count (but each time includes lechon).  The gifts we sent from the 'States in balikbayan boxes have finally started to arrive.  There is always another cousin to meet.

The anticipation and preparations are almost like being a kid again!

Mabuhay!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2022, 7:33 pm

Christmas is fine.
I just do nothing about it.
It is just another holiday for me.

Have I mentioned I am a hardcore atheist? :mrgreen: