Page 2 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2022, 2:13 am

Huh, if you blow up that image and look at the "stickers", some of them have some very unusual edges and/or don't seem to conform to the underlying geometry of the car. Curious.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2022, 12:40 am

MaxE wrote:

A window into the conservative mind.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2022, 12:53 am

Good news....I found the owner of the car
https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/watch-m ... ed-3555735

The dude is apparently a big fan of Alex Jones.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2022, 12:56 am

cyberdad wrote:

I didn't see anywhere in the link this this is his car. It only kept showing tweets of his arrest. I didn't see anything about that car.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2022, 1:59 am

League_Girl wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

I didn't see anywhere in the link this this is his car. It only kept showing tweets of his arrest. I didn't see anything about that car.

Sorry...joke...my bad

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2022, 8:07 pm

MaxE wrote:
Those who fulminate at what they perceive as the lunatic ravings of closed-minded sufferers from Trump Derangement Syndrome, or the pathetic gibberings of the Terminally Woke, should take a look at this photo. It's impossible to remain "sane" after seeing something like this.

Where and when was this photo taken?

Whether or not such a collection of bumperstickers is likely to be just a prank, as Dox alleges, would depend very much on the culture of the locale where the photo was taken.

Unfortunately, there do exist people for whom that collection of bumperstickers would be, if anything, an understatement of the extremity of their views. So there's no a priori reason to believe it's a hoax.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2022, 8:28 pm

Mona Pereth wrote:
Whether or not such a collection of bumperstickers is likely to be just a prank, as Dox alleges, would depend very much on the culture of the locale where the photo was taken.

Unfortunately, there do exist people for whom that collection of bumperstickers would be, if anything, an understatement of the extremity of their views. So there's no a priori reason to believe it's a hoax.

They all look too weathered to have all been stuck on there just before taking the photo.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2022, 8:36 pm

I think it's real and not staged. Ive seen plenty of vehicles here in Georgia with similar bumper stickers.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2022, 9:20 pm

Look carefully at the "white privilege is a myth" sticker, particularly where it appears to go across raised letters underneath it yet doesn't have any wrinkles.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2022, 9:30 pm

Just to be clear though, this whole thing is profoundly dumb, projecting a bunch of offensive views onto the imagined opposition and citing a picture of some bumper stickers as proof is just laughable.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2022, 4:42 am

Dox47 wrote:
Just to be clear though, this whole thing is profoundly dumb, projecting a bunch of offensive views onto the imagined opposition and citing a picture of some bumper stickers as proof is just laughable.

Not "proof," just a glaring example. There's no shortage of other examples.

Do you really mean to deny the existence of people with this particular constellation of views???

According to everyone I've known who has ever lived in the more "redneck" parts of the Bible Belt -- or even in the more "redneck" parts of southern California or upstate New York -- such views are indeed not at all unheard of in at least some of these places.

Not all of the expressed views are typical of Republicans/conservatives. Most would not advocate outright "genocide," for example.

But people who do advocate outright genocide, either seriously or in jest, do exist. Among the Capitol rioters, for example, there were some people wearing T-shirts with the slogan "6MWNE" (six million was not enough).

Last edited by Mona Pereth on 30 Nov 2022, 5:19 am, edited 3 times in total.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2022, 5:15 am

Actually I think that that is a rare combination of beliefs.

Like...me for example. :D

"I dont like this new kind of Klan... thats merging with the Nazis! I am down with the Klan my grandaddy belonged to! The good God-fearing Klan!"

Thats a line uttered between two White guys in the 1996 film "A Time to Kill" starring Mathew McConnehey and Samuel L. Jackson.

But it has the ring of truth to life. I am sure that many White folks in the South really talk that way. And why not? Just because you're a bigot doesnt mean you might not prefer home grown style bigotry over some newfangled imported foreign kinda bigotry. :lol:

Most Americans who wave the Stars and Bars would be offended by seeing it next to "Seig Heil". Though in Germany (were the Nazi flags are against the law) the Stars and Bars is often used as a stand in for the Nazi Swastika by Neo Nazi demonstrators.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2022, 5:27 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Most Americans who wave the Stars and Bars would be offended by seeing it next to "Seig Heil".

Probably so, but American neo-Nazis do exist. Hopefully they are still a small minority in most places, but my boyfriend has lived in a few places where they were disturbingly common.

(There are also some immature kids who adopt Nazi-like imagery and slogans not out of serious commitment to neo-Nazi ideology, but mainly just as a way to shock the grownups. Some of these kids eventually outgrow it, while others become real neo-Nazis.)

Last edited by Mona Pereth on 30 Nov 2022, 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2022, 5:29 am

Mona Pereth wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Most Americans who wave the Stars and Bars would be offended by seeing it next to "Seig Heil".

Probably so, but American neo-Nazis do exist. Hopefully they are still a small minority in most places, but my boyfriend has lived in a few places where they were disturbingly common.

Sadly it does seem to be trending upward in numbers.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2022, 5:55 am

Mona Pereth wrote:
Do you really mean to deny the existence of people with this particular constellation of views???

I'll bet there aren't enough of them in the US to fill a mid sized sports arena, there are probably more false flag "Nazis" running around these days than real ones.