Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2022, 7:52 pm

So, I was hanging out with a friend and we were having a lengthy conversation about all sorts of topics.

At one point, we ended up talking about crushes and she revealed that back in my first year of university, she used to have a crush on me.

She'd wondered if I had known, but figured I probably didn't, which is absolutely correct because I had no idea.

"Did you not question why I was so awkward around you? I used to ask (mutual friend) how to talk to you because I was freaking out".

"... I just figured that was your personality. When I met you, I thought you were a socially awkward nerd. Not in a bad way, that was just my impression".

Completely missed the apparent panicking that was going on back then. 8O :lol:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2022, 6:50 pm

I could have lost my virginity at 16. I didn’t realize that this girl dug me.

We had just seen “The Turning Point” in a cinema. We started making out in an elevator. Then I told her I had to go because I had a curfew. Boy…was she pissed! I didn’t realize HOW pissed until much later.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2022, 9:54 pm

I never have any clue either.
I wish people would come straight out and say it.

Now that she's told you, can you look back and see any of the signs?

Doberdoofus
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2022, 9:58 pm

More importantly, is she still crushing and are you interested :heart:

Don't be so eager to be offended. The narcissism of small differences leads to the most boring kind of conformity.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2022, 10:01 pm

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2022, 8:01 pm

Looking back, yes, I can see signs. Talking to only me at certain events, heavy compliments ("if you're not careful, I'm going to steal your jacket someday") and restless energy. A friend of mine, not our mutual friend, told me at the time "You know she has a crush on you, right?" however I shrugged it off because he always says that about people...makes me wonder how often he's actually correct.

I get the impression that she might still be crushing on me a bit which is unfortunate. Don't get me wrong, she's a great friend. However, I just don't see her that way. It would be great if I did, that would be somewhat simple. Some of my friends assume that I do because of the way I've hyped up her art projects in the past, but I just find her art style to be pretty cool. In a couple of years, she plans to move to Germany anyway, so I'm sure she'll be fine. She's almost fluent in German.

Personally I'm hoping to move to the city whilst remaining in England in my future when it's an option. The dating scene in rural middle of nowhere is, well, unless I want to date a field it's not exactly great. :lol:

Whilst it's certainly scenic here, there's also not a lot that you can do. I made a home in the place I went to university, when I had to leave at the end to go back to live with my parents I felt disappointed. That's why I go back there so often. I may not live there, but it's my home as far as I'm concerned.

Doberdoofus
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2022, 8:37 pm

Lost_dragon wrote:
I get the impression that she might still be crushing on me a bit which is unfortunate. Don't get me wrong, she's a great friend. However, I just don't see her that way.

Don't be so eager to be offended. The narcissism of small differences leads to the most boring kind of conformity.