What do autistics actually like to do on major birthdays?

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2022, 7:55 pm

Do what you'd like its YOUR birthday. I don't celebrate mine exactly, but if there is something I want to do, I'll do it. I don't do Surprise parties...anyone who tries to throw one in my honor is no friend of mine as it shows just how little they know me or care about my feelings. In general, I try to keep the day as low-key as possible because thats what I like.

MOONTRIPS
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Nov 2022, 8:01 pm

hmm, I've never had a desire to do anything super special or fancy. 30th birthday was the same as any other. 18th and 21st were when life was pretty Bad for me so those weren't much. maybe if I'd been in a better place they would have been? I dunno. I was a lot less Tired then lol so maybe. perhaps I'll change my mind for future "major" birthdays but who really knows

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2022, 8:12 pm

Just something downplayed and casual such as a country walkor visit a castle or a beach.
Don't like lots of people around. Just a few such as family. Don't like the party atmosphere. Prefer going somewhere where I can have a walk and buy an ice cream or something nice to eat to eat out (Prefer to buy some sort of takaway meal one can eat in an outdoor place where I can have space rather than eat in a crowded indoor place).
No idea if I am on the spectrum as not been assessed, but the above I prefer. Hate surprize birthday parties or being sung "Happy birthday" to because prefer to be a low key thing where I can just go to somewhere scenic with family or people I am close to.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2022, 3:12 am

We like to go to a hot springs resort. Everybody loves swimming and it feels relaxing. Never hosted a big party. We usually like museums, too.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2022, 3:29 am

On my 30th I locked myself in a room for the day, and even peed in a juice bottle. I played Night in the Woods to pass the time, fittingly it's a coming of age story.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2022, 4:01 am

Generally i hate the idea of bd-party, as child i dreaded going to them and never had one
hub mostly had them, but my parents came always for my birthday-and stay over so that destroyed the idea anyway
i don't like the sitting and chatting, somehow i lose my chair(standing) while catering
or you have (i always have) people blabbering on to you, nt's don't take hints imo, and as a polite? person i don't know how to stop that

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2022, 5:08 am

mostly my bdays come and go without observance other than saying "happy birthday :) " to myself in the mirror then getting back into my normal daily routine. this year i had a post-birthday celebration at a local pizza restaurant then when given a gift certificate for a local grocery chain, went on a food-shopping spree, buying fancy foods i normally avoid due to cost. so this year's birthday belatedly was custom :heart:

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2022, 10:02 am

I wanted a big party for my 30th birthday but that was right in the midst of the first covid lockdowns so that was completely out of the question.

Canadian Penguin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Dec 2022, 6:50 pm

Do something you enjoy.

Even if it's playing video games. It's your day, enjoy it.

For my 50th, I think it may have involved a few friends. I really don't remember. I've never been big on milestone stuff. Each year isn't necessarily more important than the last or the next.