Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

playgroundlover22695
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Nov 2022, 10:17 pm

Does anyone experience the feeling of soul fatigue? I ask because I've found that lately I've been worrying so much about my friend and I've been hurt by a lot of people in my past which has made my soul feel tired. When I'm worried about my friend's health, I have a harder time staying asleep. The past few nights I've been waking up early like at 4 or 5am and just tossing and turning while my heart pounded out of my chest, my mind was racing, and my belly was cramped and gassy. Sometimes I just want to cry because of the guilt and anxiety I feel when people I love are suffering and there's nothing I can do. Does anyone else experience this feeling for the same or different reasons? :(

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2022, 11:29 am

playgroundlover22695 wrote:
Does anyone experience the feeling of soul fatigue? I ask because I've found that lately I've been worrying so much about my friend and I've been hurt by a lot of people in my past which has made my soul feel tired. When I'm worried about my friend's health, I have a harder time staying asleep. The past few nights I've been waking up early like at 4 or 5am and just tossing and turning while my heart pounded out of my chest, my mind was racing, and my belly was cramped and gassy. Sometimes I just want to cry because of the guilt and anxiety I feel when people I love are suffering and there's nothing I can do. Does anyone else experience this feeling for the same or different reasons? :(

Yes.

Stresses of various kinds, other peoples' problems/health, definitely affect my mental state, energy levels, depression/anxiety, ability to function and productivity. That's why it's good to to do things that are restorative for the soul - like dip on down to the beach solo in the evening and sit by a huge bonfire, cook dinner, have a couple beers, listen to the waves crashing & talk to The Ancestors who's souls have left their Earthly bodies already. Another thing I've neglected to do much of is go running and Just Breathe. Sooooo healthy, stress relieving, and soul replenishing. Went running shoe shopping yesterday and didn't find anything but maybe soon, and with new kicks I'll have a fresh motivation to put 'em on and go for a refreshing run instead of sitting around home sipping booze that's hella counterproductive to my goals.

Same for the mention of digestive issues -> extremely common correlation and glad you mentioned it. Digestive health is mental health as our digestive system operates as the body's second brain, in conjunction with the brain, sending more signals up the vagus nerve than the other way around. When our guts are balanced and healthy, so are our nervous systems, and our brain functions are higher/better. Being cramped and gassy is a clear sign of imbalance due to diet, antibiotics, lack of fibre/probiotics/water etc. Eat super healthy and clean with a focus on eliminating the cramped gassy feelings and chances are pretty good that you Also notice improvements in your mental and neurological health -> I know I have Big Time.

playgroundlover22695
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Nov 2022, 10:00 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
playgroundlover22695 wrote:

Yes.

Stresses of various kinds, other peoples' problems/health, definitely affect my mental state, energy levels, depression/anxiety, ability to function and productivity. That's why it's good to to do things that are restorative for the soul - like dip on down to the beach solo in the evening and sit by a huge bonfire, cook dinner, have a couple beers, listen to the waves crashing & talk to The Ancestors who's souls have left their Earthly bodies already. Another thing I've neglected to do much of is go running and Just Breathe. Sooooo healthy, stress relieving, and soul replenishing. Went running shoe shopping yesterday and didn't find anything but maybe soon, and with new kicks I'll have a fresh motivation to put 'em on and go for a refreshing run instead of sitting around home sipping booze that's hella counterproductive to my goals.

Same for the mention of digestive issues -> extremely common correlation and glad you mentioned it. Digestive health is mental health as our digestive system operates as the body's second brain, in conjunction with the brain, sending more signals up the vagus nerve than the other way around. When our guts are balanced and healthy, so are our nervous systems, and our brain functions are higher/better. Being cramped and gassy is a clear sign of imbalance due to diet, antibiotics, lack of fibre/probiotics/water etc. Eat super healthy and clean with a focus on eliminating the cramped gassy feelings and chances are pretty good that you Also notice improvements in your mental and neurological health -> I know I have Big Time.

Thank you for your support. I'm personally not much of a runner, but I really like the concept. I just feel like I need to find something that makes me happy other than going to work, cooking dinner, and going to bed. I did join the Y over the summer, but I can only go once in awhile on Sundays. What really concerns me is the fact that I know my friend is going to get sick again at some point, because everyone does. I just don't want to be up at the crack of dawn, tossing and turning, worrying. I also don't want to be on the verge of crying or having a mental breakdown because of how bad I feel. Yesterday, my friend asked me to go to lunch. She said she had to come and pick me up early, and she left her house at 10. On the way to my house, she got so dizzy and her nose was running so she had to pull over into a parking lot and she messaged me and said she couldn't make it because she was too dizzy and to pray for her that she'd make it home. I did, but I spent the whole day worrying about her and feeling very guilty that I allowed her to drive to my house sick.