Mass protests in China regarding Covid restrictions

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2022, 11:56 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-63772365

News is less than a day old.

Apparently things are getting serious with members of the public being beaten & arrested by police forces. 8O

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2022, 11:59 pm

So, what I'm hearing is that welding sick people into their own apartments to die isn't actually a popular policy?

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2022, 12:03 am

Dox47 wrote:
So, what I'm hearing is that welding sick people into their own apartments to die isn't actually a popular policy?

Yeah, apparently people are sick of being welded into their apartments.

Some people are being locked down for more than 6 months at a time apparently.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2022, 12:24 am

I hope the Chinese people someday overthrow the CCP even though the US would probably hate that for us.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2022, 12:25 am

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
I hope the Chinese people someday overthrow the CCP even though the US would probably hate that for us.

Us? Are you Chinese, also?

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2022, 12:29 am

blitzkrieg wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:

No i meant "us" as in Americans. The US govermment and our corporations depend on a lot of the cheap (slave) labor from China for the many goods we import which is why im sure the US government has a stake in making sure the CCP keeps a tight oppressive grip on its own people.

The US government is notorious for actually enabling dictatorships around the world for the sake of exploitation.

I have sympathy for people in China, just not the government itself.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2022, 2:24 am

I wonder if anyone is doing any self reflection about anti lockdown protests in the West and the reaction to them? Are we the baddies?

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2022, 8:27 am

Dox47 wrote:
I wonder if anyone is doing any self reflection about anti lockdown protests in the West and the reaction to them? Are we the baddies?

You're comparing apples to watermelons. In fact I'd like to point out that the Trump cult were the baddies for allowing this virus to spread as bad as it did and kill so many people in the US becauses they insisted it was a "hoax" for years.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2022, 10:49 am

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:

No i meant "us" as in Americans. The US govermment and our corporations depend on a lot of the cheap (slave) labor from China for the many goods we import which is why im sure the US government has a stake in making sure the CCP keeps a tight oppressive grip on its own people.

The US government is notorious for actually enabling dictatorships around the world for the sake of exploitation.

I have sympathy for people in China, just not the government itself.

Oh, I get you now. Thank you for clarifying. :P

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2022, 5:30 pm

Dox47 wrote:

Yes, I believe ppl think that "welding sick people into their own apartments to die" is a bad policy.
Who would of thunk it?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2022, 5:36 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Dox47 wrote:

You're comparing apples to watermelons. In fact I'd like to point out that the Trump cult were the baddies for allowing this virus to spread as bad as it did and kill so many people in the US becauses they insisted it was a "hoax" for years.

Trump did an appalling job in handling the Wuhan Flu, but consider:
Xi assured Trump that warm weather would kill off the virus.
The World Health Organisation (W.H.O.) assured us that the virus could not be transmitted between humans.

Perhaps you need to focus on that. ;)

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2022, 8:18 pm

Pepe wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Dox47 wrote:

Trump did an appalling job in handling the Wuhan Flu, but consider:
Xi assured Trump that warm weather would kill off the virus.
The World Health Organisation (W.H.O.) assured us that the virus could not be transmitted between humans.

Perhaps you need to focus on that. ;)

All you need is bleach for the Wu-flu.

There should be a parody song made from what happened with Trump & the so called "wu-flu".

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2022, 4:06 am

Don't believe everything you read in the foreign news

The horrible treatment of two young women by health authorities including getting body slammed and tied up has been universally praised on Chinese social media Weibo because men believed they were too "uppity" to the authorities after trying escape lockdown

https://www.whatsonweibo.com/tied-up-in ... eet-bound/

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2022, 7:20 am

One of these days, no matter how long it takes, the CCP will slip up and make a mistake that brings the destruction of their government.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2022, 8:09 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
One of these days, no matter how long it takes, the CCP will slip up and make a mistake that brings the destruction of their government.

Let us hope so. :D

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2022, 6:56 pm

Quote:
Top Australian epidemiologist warns Chinese skyscraper pig farms could create new 'super spreader' virus as residents revolt against Xi Jinping's COVID-zero policy

A leading Australian infectious diseases expert has warned of another potential “uncontainable outbreak” of new viruses from skyscraper pig farms in China where residents continue to suffer under the world's toughest COVID-19 restrictions.
Tyrone Clarke

November 29, 2022 -

Quote:
The concerns of another massive zoological-borne disease come as China continues its struggle to quash a growing COVID-19 outbreak.

Fierce reaction to China’s zero-COVID policy has led to the country’s largest protests since the 1989 Tiananmen Square riots.

The death of 10 people in an apartment building fire in China’s Xinjiang province sparked a wave of protests in the provincial capital Urumqi.

The province’s harsh lockdown measures have been widely blamed by many in China for the fatalities, which they believe hindered firefighter’s efforts to save the victims.

The protests have rapidly spread beyond Xinjiang, to major cities including Beijing and Shanghai, and regional hubs such as Wuhan and Guangzhou.

https://www.skynews.com.au/world-news/c ... erallPos=1

Last edited by Pepe on 30 Nov 2022, 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.