Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2022, 1:52 am

I think Power Rangers are my newest special interest.

usagibryan
Toucan
Toucan

29 Nov 2022, 12:33 pm

The actor who played the Green Ranger recently died, sadly.

Whenever the subject of Power Rangers comes up I'm tempted to go into a tirade about how all the footage of when they were in suits was taken from the Japanese show Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger and the yellow ranger was actually dude. Japan already had shows like this since like the 70s, Super Sentai, a genre of tokusatsu about super hero teams that would transform and have designated colors, etc.

I'm sure you knew that though, it's probably the first piece of trivia anyone who learns the backstory on Power Rangers will discover. I'm tempted to watch the Japanese show.

The actor who played the Blue Ranger was also bullied for being gay.

I think there is a Netflix documentary that talks about how the show was adapted for the American market.

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"