New Card Reading: Will climate change destroy humans?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2022, 9:43 am

Using only the Major Arcana cards in my tarot deck I ask the simple question "Will Climate Change destroy humans?"

So this is what I pulled.

Earth: "The Star". A card for vulnerability but also hope. Right now the earth is very vulnerable to the destructive nature but it is not too late for us. Perhaps our species 'hope' lies literally in the stars themselves? But are we worthy of such salvation? Better get to building them space colonies!

Fire: "The Devil". What is destroying our planet you ask? Human consumption and greed. Our selfish nature is burning through our forests like hellfire and dumping toxic s**t into the sea. We are all prisoners of our own selfish needs and we don't give anything back to the earth.

Water: "The Magician". What could heal us or save us from self-destruction? Using the gift of science and technology to try and make the world a better place, or at least GTFO off this planet and start them space colonies. :alien: Seriously, The Magician means we have the tools and the skill to create abd maintain our own world. We just choose not too.

Air: "The Empress". What do we need to consider? The Empress represents the earth itself, like Mother Earth. The thing about the great titaness Gaia in Greek Mythology was that yes she gave birth to much of the world's creations but she could judt as easily destroy her creations too. Like the earth did with the dinosaurs before we humans arrived. She will kill us all without a thought if it means trying to save what's left of her earth.

Spirit: "Judgement". The Final Card. I think this is pretty self-explanatory. Judgement day is coming if we don't do something drastic soon. Floods and fires and earthquakes and pestilence and plagues and war and famine. Our species will be judged for not taking care of the world given to us. Wiped put. Destroyed! :D

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

28 Nov 2022, 10:29 am

We COULD truly change things around but the rich and the politicians need to do something since Great Thunberg &co can only do so much. Otherwise I'm afraid we have failed in our task as the planet's guardians and will be judged accordingly and found wanting. Perhaps a small group of humans can start afresh. It might be that this planet can be restored by a higher power and made new. For the sake of those who really care about it and can be shown to make a difference in their quiet but determined way. "For the meek shall inherit the earth" - perhaps...

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2022, 10:44 am

I believe climate change will cause adverse events......then again, many things have caused "adverse effects" in the past. One example: Bubonic Plague.

If Bubonic Plague didn't destroy Homo sapiens....nothing else will.

Being able to buy affordable insurance is essential in cutting back on the "adversity" of climate change.

No.....I don't believe humans will be destroyed by climate change...nor do they "deserve" it.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2022, 4:58 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
nor do they "deserve" it.

That's why we have the gods, right? Their job is to essentially pass judgement over teh humans. :P