I have forgotten how much I love Avatar

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2022, 3:53 pm

Over the weekend, I re-watched the first Avatar movie on Disney+ the promotions for the movie are getting stronger. When the first movie came out, I liked it so much that I saw it in theaters three times. I also had a huge appreciation for the movie soundtrack, accept for the song, "I see you."

At first I thought that I had outgrown Avatar and wasn't that excited to see the second movie. Well, after watching the first movie again over the weekend, I realize that I am still the same fan that I was at 28. Out of anything in the movie, I love the art and the science part. I also really like the acting by Sigourney Weaver and Stephen Lang, even though he was bad.

Anyone feel this way?

usagibryan
Toucan
Toucan

29 Nov 2022, 4:10 pm

Sorry I feel the opposite, I love Sigourney Weaver but I really didn't like this movie. The moral is kind of on the nose and has been done before with Ferngully and Dances with Wolves, just in space. I also thought the ecosystem with species connecting to eachother didn't make sense... I think I may also have some extra animosity toward this movie because it's so popular and it shares the same title as The Last Airbender which is a show I love and was excited to discuss when I clicked on this thread before I realized you meant the movie, lol.

I hope you enjoy the sequel though, I can't deny the visuals ARE beautiful, they kind of remind me of Final Fantasy X.

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2022, 5:31 pm

Well you are certainly entitled to your opinion. However, I get to like the movie if I want.

Actually, that movie has a lot of fandom and people who appreciate the movie. You know what else? They aren’t entitles.

usagibryan
Toucan
Toucan

30 Nov 2022, 7:32 am

Summer_Twilight wrote:
Well you are certainly entitled to your opinion. However, I get to like the movie if I want.

I never suggested you weren't allowed to like the movie you want.

Summer_Twilight wrote:
Actually, that movie has a lot of fandom and people who appreciate the movie. You know what else? They aren’t entitles.

I know it's popular. Are you trying to say I'm entitled? I wasn't trying to offend you or suggest you were WRONG for liking the movie, I was just expressing my opinion on it. I even said I hope you enjoy the sequel.

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"