Oath Keepers including founder convicted

Page 2 of 5 [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2022, 12:33 am

Persephone29 wrote:
I think anyone could blend with a band of rioters along the West Coast. The East Coast is still steeped in propriety, I'd die before I'd behave that way. It's just low rent. If I saw a riot I would automatically think ANTIFA. There's always been something about January 6th that just didn't seem genuinely conservative. It seemed contrived.

And militant white nationalists like the Oath Keepers, the Proud Boys, the Boogaloos, One Percenters, and others of the like can't be violent? Their rhetoric is all about committing violence, and they've demonstrated time and time again that they live up to their word. And not a single one of those fanatics who were convicted were proven to be anything but to the far right. So much for them really being Antifa in disguise.
What's this about the west?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2022, 3:27 am

For those trying to defend this clown please read the reaction of his wife and child to his conviction
https://www.businessinsider.com/oath-ke ... on-2022-11

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2022, 4:18 am

goldfish21 wrote:

Wut? :?

How do you figure it’s always a bogus charge?

It's essentially a disloyalty charge, which is un-American on it's face.

goldfish21 wrote:
And, also, if a left wing voting citizen or politician is guilty of sedition, why wouldn’t left leaning voters or other politicians want them to face consequences for it? :?

Because the left in this country is much easier to accuse of being traitors to America than the right is, and it would be the right doing the prosecuting. They're putting a gun to their own heads and don't even realize it, but then again these are not smart people we're talking about.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2022, 4:22 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Mmhmm.. stewart rhodes was merely criticizing the United States government.. he couldn’t have possibly been charged & convicted because he, oh I don’t know.. tried to overthrow the US government or anything.. :lol: :roll:

Charge him with the appropriate trespassing and rioting statutes, no need to go for the flimsy and dangerous "sedition" charge that should have been struck off the books years ago.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2022, 4:25 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

And militant white nationalists like the Oath Keepers, the Proud Boys, the Boogaloos, One Percenters, and others of the like can't be violent?

LOL, at least one of those groups doesn't even exist, one is a literal joke, and you seem to have another confused with an outlaw motorcycle club; you really ought to watch less TV, you'd be less misinformed.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

01 Dec 2022, 8:14 am

! magz wrote:
Some posts have been removed.

Again: discuss the topic, not other disputants.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2022, 9:17 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
I think anyone could blend with a band of rioters along the West Coast. The East Coast is still steeped in propriety, I'd die before I'd behave that way. It's just low rent. If I saw a riot I would automatically think ANTIFA. There's always been something about January 6th that just didn't seem genuinely conservative. It seemed contrived.

And militant white nationalists like the Oath Keepers, the Proud Boys, the Boogaloos, One Percenters, and others of the like can't be violent? Their rhetoric is all about committing violence, and they've demonstrated time and time again that they live up to their word. And not a single one of those fanatics who were convicted were proven to be anything but to the far right. So much for them really being Antifa in disguise.

What I want to know is where are these people? Why don't I ever get to see them? They're like the Bigfoot of the West Coast, everybody swears up and down that they exist, they get videos to post online. But, no regular everyday person has ever seen them.
It's the same with the KKK. I've lived in the South my entire life, I've heard my share of racial slurs. But, no one I know has ever seen anything other than historical footage or photographs. Why is that?
ANTIFA is the one organization that shows up everywhere, creates huge damage. But the Boogaloos only show up at the most heavily guarded place in the Nation? I'm sorry, but that's weird. And it doesn't make good strategical sense.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2022, 10:53 am

Persephone29 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:

What I want to know is where are these people? Why don't I ever get to see them? They're like the Bigfoot of the West Coast, everybody swears up and down that they exist, they get videos to post online. But, no regular everyday person has ever seen them.
It's the same with the KKK. I've lived in the South my entire life, I've heard my share of racial slurs. But, no one I know has ever seen anything other than historical footage or photographs. Why is that?
ANTIFA is the one organization that shows up everywhere, creates huge damage. But the Boogaloos only show up at the most heavily guarded place in the Nation? I'm sorry, but that's weird. And it doesn't make good strategical sense.

8O :lol:

rocksteady85
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 Dec 2022, 4:10 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:

I grew up in an area that isn't considered the south, and I have seen recruitment flyers for the klan. I have seen them in public. If you haven't, you aren't looking hard enough. Start paying attention to the people you see out and about. Make note of patches on jackets and logos on shirts and cars. If you don't live in an area where there are lots of political rallies or demonstrations, you're not going to see them in droves. But to suggest or imply that they don't exist, or they aren't growing in popularity, is like saying "I've never seen a tarantula in the wild so they must not exist".
The boogaloo boys show up anywhere they think they can stir trouble. They're not as big as the proud boys or the klan, but they exist and they're making trouble wherever they are.

Personally, I am positively GLEEFUL about stewie rhodes receiving punishment. I hope it continues, these people forget that their behavior has real world consequences.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2022, 5:21 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:

Are you seriously saying these groups don't exist?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2022, 5:25 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

And militant white nationalists like the Oath Keepers, the Proud Boys, the Boogaloos, One Percenters, and others of the like can't be violent?

LOL, at least one of those groups doesn't even exist, one is a literal joke, and you seem to have another confused with an outlaw motorcycle club; you really ought to watch less TV, you'd be less misinformed.

Okay, Three Percenters. I actually realized my goof late last night while battling insomnia and hating myself for writer's block.
As for the nonexistent group, do you mean the Boogs? Because they actually do, though they're a bunch of oddball, impermanent groups, rather than a single organization like the Proud Boys, that might not always apply the name to themselves.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2022, 5:45 pm

Persephone29 wrote:

I live in Australia and I can tell you these US based groups have been very influential in kick starting racist groups locally here in Oz. I have also heard they fund far right groups in Europe. A number of far right groups in Australia were funded and trained by American militia style far right groups from the US. One of them, the Australian National Movement (ANM) spent a decade in the 1990s firebombing Asian restaurants and spreading fairly vile flyers over neighborhoods all over major Australian cities. Fortunately infighting resulted in the movement self-imploding. The leadership were eventually jailed for taking part in the murders of former members.

Since 2016 the rise of Trump has emboldened far right groups again, they have been crawling from under the holes they have been hiding. In the last few years they not only distribute pamphlets into letterboxes but are involved in online grooming of highschool and university students.

The rise in far right activity in places as far afield as Australia, Scandanavia, Greece, Hungary, Poland and Brazil is hardly a coincidence. If their activities are ramping up then so are the activities in your country. Currently in New Zealand we have a spate of anti-Indian bashings where Indian shop keepers are being targeted. Australia went through this phase some years ago, I think it was an internet craze called "curry bashing".

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2022, 7:26 pm

The klan exists here in Southern Canada, too. More of them in Alberta than probably anywhere else, though. More across the rest of the praries than elsewhere, too. But they’re here in BC still -> cars were getting flyered with ads promoting them a couple years back out in the Fraser Valley.

I don’t think they have big numbers here, but it’s still more than zero. Probably mostly just a bunch of losers that hangout online together spewing hate speech vs gathering to burn crosses and stuff like that irl.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2022, 7:55 pm

rocksteady85 wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:

I grew up in an area that isn't considered the south, and I have seen recruitment flyers for the klan. I have seen them in public. If you haven't, you aren't looking hard enough. Start paying attention to the people you see out and about. Make note of patches on jackets and logos on shirts and cars. If you don't live in an area where there are lots of political rallies or demonstrations, you're not going to see them in droves. But to suggest or imply that they don't exist, or they aren't growing in popularity, is like saying "I've never seen a tarantula in the wild so they must not exist".
The boogaloo boys show up anywhere they think they can stir trouble. They're not as big as the proud boys or the klan, but they exist and they're making trouble wherever they are.

Personally, I am positively GLEEFUL about stewie rhodes receiving punishment. I hope it continues, these people forget that their behavior has real world consequences.

I'm not insinuating they don't exist. What I am saying is that their presence is nowhere near as public as ANTIFA. I never see them rioting, stealing/looting, etc... I believe they did the atrocities they are accused of, but where did they get off to?
I'm Autistic, I am not traipsing about the countryside looking for recruitment flyers. I have heard of some biker organizations holding racist views. Why aren't their gangs of them in schools? There's gangs of everyone else in schools. The kids should at least be not smart enough to hide their parent's influences to us, the tell us all about their parents getting bounced from Twitter.
This is the most well kept secret where I live.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2022, 8:30 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
I don’t think they have big numbers here, but it’s still more than zero. Probably mostly just a bunch of losers that hangout online together spewing hate speech vs gathering to burn crosses and stuff like that irl.

They aren't "big" numbers here either. But their impact is disproportionate. This morning some clown has spray painted a swastika on the local jewish synagogue where not far from where I live. I haven't seen that for years so even if its a teenage prank, the local Jewish community in my area are going to be frightened and vigilant.

We have a Jewish school not more than 20min from my home where they pay for 24hr armed guards due to threats of harassment which have been ongoing for years.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2022, 8:48 pm

cyberdad wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

They aren't "big" numbers here either. But their impact is disproportionate. This morning some clown has spray painted a swastika on the local jewish synagogue where not far from where I live. I haven't seen that for years so even if its a teenage prank, the local Jewish community in my area are going to be frightened and vigilant.

We have a Jewish school not more than 20min from my home where they pay for 24hr armed guards due to threats of harassment which have been ongoing for years.

I saw a wall spray painted with "stop f*****g kids Jimmy," on my way home Wednesday. People don't always go to the proper authorities, or have an amicable discussion with people who are of a different ethnicity. Kanye West is black, lots of blacks hate Jews while at the same time claiming Jesus (who was a Jew) was black. What makes you think that the person who spray painted the Swastika was white? The Germans didn't invent the Swastika, it can be found on Asian and Native American jewelry and art. What if someone wanted you to believe it was a white person because of it's historic connotation with the Nazi party?

You, along with every other leftist I know, love to jump on the White Nationalist/Neo Nazi/KKK bandwagon every chance you get. While the rest of us who are just living life, trying to pay bills, etc... are wondering where all these Nazis are? Why don't I ever see burning crosses on my neighbors yards, or in my school location which is predominantly black? Y'all want there to be a large scene of white nationalists, so you see it everywhere you go.