03 Dec 2022, 4:11 pm

Like street gangs….

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2022, 4:15 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Like street gangs….

Like military armed street gangs who have a terrorist manifesto, bunkers and training facilities and are crowd funded

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2022, 2:14 am

cyberdad wrote:
Mona Pereth wrote:
If your account of its origins is correct, then indeed it would be unfair to characterize the "Boogaloo" scene as a whole as a terrorist network.

I strongly recommend you learn about this subject from reliable sources and not from Dox47. The FBI have already published data

Unfortunately, Dox47 probably does not consider the FBI's data to be a "reliable source."

So my approach here is to give Dox47 the benefit of the doubt regarding his own personal experiences with the "Boogaloo" scene, but to question whether he is seeing the whole picture (which I strongly suspect he isn't).

(See also my post here.)

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2022, 3:30 am

Persephone29 wrote:
I think anyone could blend with a band of rioters along the West Coast. The East Coast is still steeped in propriety, I'd die before I'd behave that way.

Good for you. I certainly wouldn't want to behave that way either.

Persephone29 wrote:
It's just low rent. If I saw a riot I would automatically think ANTIFA. There's always been something about January 6th that just didn't seem genuinely conservative. It seemed contrived.

Not all right wingers are "conservative." The more extreme right wingers are more commonly described as "reactionary" than "conservative."

I think it's highly unlikely that the Capitol riots were an Antifa false flag. There are plenty of people with genuine belief systems that might impel them to do the things the Capitol rioters did.

Are you aware of conspiracy-mongers like Alex Jones, for example? Are you aware of QAnon and "Pizzagate"?

Are you aware of the militia movement?

Are you aware of the "Patriot" movement (NOT the same thing as garden-variety American patriotism)?

Are you aware of the "Sovereign Citizen" movement?

Are you aware of the biker subculture, which tends to lean right wing? (See this news story, for example.)

And then, of course, there are the neo-Nazis and other white nationalists (again, NOT the same thing as garden-variety American patriots).

Persephone29 wrote:
What I want to know is where are these people? Why don't I ever get to see them

How actively involved in politics are you?

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2022, 11:58 am

Dox47 wrote:
rocksteady85 wrote:
I grew up in an area that isn't considered the south, and I have seen recruitment flyers for the klan. I have seen them in public. If you haven't, you aren't looking hard enough. Start paying attention to the people you see out and about. Make note of patches on jackets and logos on shirts and cars. If you don't live in an area where there are lots of political rallies or demonstrations, you're not going to see them in droves. But to suggest or imply that they don't exist, or they aren't growing in popularity, is like saying "I've never seen a tarantula in the wild so they must not exist".
The boogaloo boys show up anywhere they think they can stir trouble. They're not as big as the proud boys or the klan, but they exist and they're making trouble wherever they are.

I don't believe you.

You don't think there are any actual troublemakers who have adopted the boogaloo look?

As for KKK flyers, this isn't an everyday occurrence but does happen, in a variety of places. For example:

- In Springfield, Ohio, according to local radio station WKEF, Wednesday, August 24th 2022
- In several neighborhoods near Columbus, Ohio, according to the Columbus Dispatch, August 12, 2022
- On the steps of an African-American church in Mississippi, WREG, June 6, 2022
- Marietta, Oklahoma, reported by a local Fox News affiliate (so it's not just the "liberal media" reporting this)

And, most likely, not every such instance gets reported in the news.

rocksteady85
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Dec 2023, 1:08 am

Dox47 wrote:
rocksteady85 wrote:
I grew up in an area that isn't considered the south, and I have seen recruitment flyers for the klan. I have seen them in public. If you haven't, you aren't looking hard enough. Start paying attention to the people you see out and about. Make note of patches on jackets and logos on shirts and cars. If you don't live in an area where there are lots of political rallies or demonstrations, you're not going to see them in droves. But to suggest or imply that they don't exist, or they aren't growing in popularity, is like saying "I've never seen a tarantula in the wild so they must not exist".
The boogaloo boys show up anywhere they think they can stir trouble. They're not as big as the proud boys or the klan, but they exist and they're making trouble wherever they are.

I don't believe you.

Well. FWIW, however ridiculously long it has been since you originally commented, I am not an alt, just new and forgetful, so I am not here much. And also, you don't believe me about which part?

I think it's fun how quickly people like to jump to conclusions. "Oh, you don't hate antifa so you must be a liberal extremist!!" Or lying. (For what purpose, I'm not sure.)

I am Autistic. Lying for fun on the internet isn't a special interest of mine. Arguing with people 'just for fun' or to be a jerk is not fun for me. Not my style.