Yesterday’s commute was a record breaking 10-12h+ for some

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2022, 8:30 pm

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/11-hour ... apped-snow

I went to a friends and watched a movie and some show then headed home. Still took 5 hours, 3h mostly not moving then hearing about a long detour around through several other cities and over a few extra bridges. Got home at around 3:45am.

All of this after about 3” of snow, which was forecast to fall. Bunch of incompetent morons in charge of salt/sand/plowing etc & some ridiculous protocol that didn’t allow maintenance workers to open the counterflow lane in a main tunnel. All stupid. People should lose jobs and contracts over yesterday’s cluster F, imo.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2022, 9:13 am

It all really comes down to the failure of the fellow man to move out of the way. People who block roads are just inconsiderate and selfish.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2022, 10:56 am

r00tb33r wrote:
It all really comes down to the failure of the fellow man to move out of the way. People who block roads are just inconsiderate and selfish.

Nah, not really. They COULDN'T move or they'd have just kept driving and carried on on their way. Ice = can't go, too slippery. Wrecked car = can't go, too broken. etc. Accident scene being investigated if it was serious or involved government/transit vehicles = can't move anything until photos/videos etc are all documented. Takes extra EXTRA long if there were any fatalities. (But I don't think there were as I never heard about any.)

People here are, on average, quite polite. They're not going to just park their car in the middle of the road for 12 hours for no reason. Not moving out of the way is because their car can't move anymore for a variety of reasons.