Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

usagibryan
Toucan
Toucan

01 Dec 2022, 1:15 pm

Does anyone else use Letterboxd for movies? I'm addicted to it, it's great for making lists.

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2022, 4:02 pm

usagibryan wrote:
Does anyone else use Letterboxd for movies? I'm addicted to it, it's great for making lists.

It looks interesting. I use to keep all of my ticket stubs, so I add a record for all the movies I'd seen since the late 1990s. Then the theater changed to paper tickets, and they don't last. :(

It would be nice to have a place to keep a list of movies I'd like to see, but my problem is I forget the title from the previews before I get home.

usagibryan
Toucan
Toucan

02 Dec 2022, 7:49 am

pcgoblin wrote:
usagibryan wrote:

It looks interesting. I use to keep all of my ticket stubs, so I add a record for all the movies I'd seen since the late 1990s. Then the theater changed to paper tickets, and they don't last. :(

It would be nice to have a place to keep a list of movies I'd like to see, but my problem is I forget the title from the previews before I get home.

I don't imagine I'll ever have a complete list, but as soon as a movie pops in my head, one I forgot I saw or wanted to see, or as soon as I see a trailer online, I add it to Letterboxd.

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"