Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Jib
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Dec 2022, 12:56 am

Paramount Productions dropped this new teaser trailer today for an upcoming live-action adaptation of Beast Wars. Interest in this movie and nostalgia for the 90s inspired me to do the 90s thread I posted last year (I'm sure many of you remember that). I felt immense joy and reminiscence upon seeing all the Maximals in the trailer. I have confidence in director Steven Caple Jr. that he will produce a worthwhile 90s nostalgia trip (though I still have yet to see Creed and Creed II, the latter he directed). It will be nice to see a beloved childhood series of mine become known again! :mrgreen:

What are your thoughts on this new teaser? How do you feel about alien robots that turn into animals? And does anyone remember Beast Wars from the 1990s?

Jib's Medium

Kolica
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Dec 2022, 3:53 pm

Jib wrote:
What are your thoughts on this new teaser? How do you feel about alien robots that turn into animals? And does anyone remember Beast Wars from the 1990s?

I watched this show when I was a kid and rewatched when I was in my twenties. I don't know what do think about this trailer, they will probably not use some of the Maximals like Rattrap and Dinobot and also heard that they will not use any predacon what is a shame, but whatever.

Jib
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Feb 2023, 6:25 am

For those who watched the Superbowl last Sunday, a new trailer (or rather, TV spot) dropped. It was nothing substantial, but we got a look at Mirage's new look. I think he looks incredible, and I can dig his personality! I also find that Pete Hines does his voice justice.

Here's hoping we get a fuller trailer in March because I want to see more of the Maximals! And, of course, see the Preds get some of the spotlight, too!

Kolica wrote:
Jib wrote:

I watched this show when I was a kid and rewatched when I was in my twenties. I don't know what do think about this trailer, they will probably not use some of the Maximals like Rattrap and Dinobot and also heard that they will not use any predacon what is a shame, but whatever.

Sorry for the late reply, but yes, from what I heard, Rattrap and Dinobot will be put on the back burner. They require a good deal of character development, so the filmmakers are most likely saving them for a future follow-up.

And it would really suck if the movie totally snubs the Predacons. You can't have a Beast Wars movie without them! I have my fingers crossed that they'll at least have a part in a flashback sequence, if not serve as the secondary antagonists (the Terrorcons are the primaries).

Jib's Medium

Jib
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Apr 2023, 3:38 pm

A brand-new trailer debuted this past Thursday! 8O

This looks as intense as it does nostalgic! 8)

I look forward to seeing how Unicron is introduced in live-action and how Paramount will build him up to be the Thanos of the 2020s.

This will be a treat to the generations of fans who grew up with Generation One and Beast Wars! Let's hope we'll get more Predacons than just Scorponok!

Jib's Medium