Indonesia to ban sex outside of marriage

Page 1 of 9 [ 135 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2022, 12:33 pm

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/indonesia-set-to-ban-sex-outside-marriage/ar-AA14PDpe?OCID=ansmsnnews11

If they try that here, I hope there are riots in the streets. And I can see people like Abbott and DeSantis trying to ban it.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2022, 7:02 pm

Wow...IMO, this is just backwards thinking. 8O

In fact, if a person in Indonesia is assaulted, could the victim be jailed too?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2022, 8:45 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Wow...IMO, this is just backwards thinking. 8O

In fact, if a person in Indonesia is assaulted, could the victim be jailed too?

Not sure about Indonesia, but in some of the Middle Eastern countries, a woman must provide five male witnesses who saw the assault, or she could face an adultery charge.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2022, 9:09 pm

I lived in Malaysia and they already have religious police who hunt for unmarried muslim couples. What Indonesia doesn't realise is these laws will impact on tourism, particularly young single/unmarried travellers in case they have to prove they are married if they are trying to check in as a defacto couple.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2022, 5:04 am

Quote:
Punishment for adultery can only take effect if there are parties who lodge complaints to the authorities.

For those who are married, the party entitled to lodge a complaint is the perpetrator's husband or wife.

The law also allows the parents of unmarried people to report them for having sex.

An open invitation for people with any type of dislike of people to harm said people. For example, parents who do like who their daughter is going to marry would have permission to run to authorities and claim adultery was committed. I saw nothing in the article that said any sort of proof is needed that sex outside of marriage occurred.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2022, 5:14 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
Not sure about Indonesia, but in some of the Middle Eastern countries, a woman must provide five male witnesses who saw the assault, or she could face an adultery charge.

WTAF??? If anyone is wondering why I am a feminist, this is why. Women are still seen as second class citizens, unreliable, childlike in much of the world. In the 21st century!

I will stop being a feminist when women and men are treated equally.

That law makes it easy for men to rape women- just do it when no one else is looking! Which is the usual situation with rape, it's not usually done in public.

It's scary being a woman.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2022, 4:43 pm

It's scary being a woman in the cultures that have deemed women to be subject to spousal and state control

Malaysia and Indonesia are considered "progressive" but even they employ religious police to harrass young women. The current protests in Iran pertain to the power religious police have to do whatever they want to any woman who walks in public without a hijab.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2022, 7:49 pm

If Texas bans it, I hope a bunch of left-wingers storm the State Capitol.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2022, 8:13 pm

I feel like American Dad was pretty spot-on in how much it must suck to be a woman in some of these countries in the Far East...

https://youtu.be/RrhVPJF4Qzs

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2022, 8:30 pm

And let me guess … they don’t allow gay marriage, so that gay men or women can’t have partners? Or is that an even worse crime than premarital hetero sex?

Yes to everything everyone has said, too.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2022, 8:41 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
And let me guess … they don’t allow gay marriage, so that gay men or women can’t have partners? Or is that an even worse crime than premarital hetero sex?

Probably worse. From what I saw on youtube once a gay man in Indonesia was once canned before a jeering audience that smiled and filmed the incident with their cellphones and a woman being interviewed about the man's punishment smiled and said "I'm sure it's very painful but when you break the rules you have to face the consequences."

It was disgusting and sickening to watch. And given the horror stories I heard about the homosexuals who are executed in other Islamic countries I imagine just being canned before a sadistic crowd makes you one of the lucky ones.

As a gay man myself I wouldn't travel to any of these countries even if I was paid to go. As much hate as my own country gets from the world I know that there are much worst places out there than the US for somebody like me to have been born in.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2022, 9:53 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:

gay marriage in a muslim country???

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2022, 9:56 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
As a gay man myself I wouldn't travel to any of these countries even if I was paid to go. As much hate as my own country gets from the world I know that there are much worst places out there than the US for somebody like me to have been born in.

One of the great contradictions in both Indonesia and Malaysia are the "Pondans". These are cross dressing men who sell their services to mostly muslim men. You also find versions of these men in Singapore, Thailand and Cambodia. They are extremely attractive.

I spoke to a muslim man who sought their services and was surprised. He said that in islam it is not "haram" to have relations with a pondan because they are men?? it's all overlooked by the religious police (who probably also seek their services).

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2022, 10:01 pm

cyberdad wrote:

gay marriage in a muslim country???

I know gay Muslims but I guess I was being optimistic. :(

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2022, 10:04 pm

Travel warning issued to Australian travellers to Indonesia
https://www.news.com.au/travel/destinat ... 543063cf6f

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2022, 10:07 pm

cyberdad wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:

One of the great contradictions in both Indonesia and Malaysia are the "Pondans". These are cross dressing men who sell their services to mostly muslim men. You also find versions of these men in Singapore, Thailand and Cambodia. They are extremely attractive.

I spoke to a muslim man who sought their services and was surprised. He said that in islam it is not "haram" to have relations with a pondan because they are men?? it's all overlooked by the religious police (who probably also seek their services).

This is my first time of hearing such a thing. Sounds rather interesting. I mean, I'm not actually attracted to cross-dressing men but as a cultural thing I think I would be interested in how that works and how they avoid being punished by the religious authorites.