Unintentional Cluelessness and Obsession

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Jutty1224
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Dec 2022, 2:25 pm

I am a self diagnosed Aspie in my late-mid 40s. 21.5 years ago I had not yet heard of Asperger's syndrome. But today something I saw online reminded me of a memory from the 3 years of my life living with my mother between my college graduation until I moved into my own apartment. That period of time ended 21.5 years ago. There is a radio station that often will share these list of places in our state. One of the lists featured today was 20 of the state's 'must try' bars. One of the bars is located in a village of less than a 100 that someone would drive through if they were on their way to my hometown where I grew up. Anyway after seeing this place featured I recalled going to this establishment once to have dinner by myself during those 3 years of my life and noticing a girl that worked there. Who I'm thinking of though might not same person. There might be two different persons now that I'm thinking of. One of them was another employee at the seasonal place with a mythical equine name that I worked. I'm think that I found out where she lived. She might of had a partner. I guess what I'm getting to is that for us we might have had interests in members of the opposite sex that would likely be considered inappropriate to NTs, but for us we just didn't understand, and they usually lacked any sexual interest.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2022, 2:33 pm

I once took a trip to Houlton, Maine.

I spoke to a librarian at their library. She gave me her number. I lost it like an idiot!

That was around 30 years ago.