Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2022, 6:35 pm

Is it because we've given control of the world to megalomaniacs? Is it because humans simply ruin everything they touch?

Personally I blame it on the humans.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2022, 6:38 pm

Its YOUR fault...for expecting the World to work smoothly!

Its a friggin miracle that the world works even as well as it does! :lol:

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2022, 6:46 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Its YOUR fault...for expecting the World to work smoothly!

Its a friggin miracle that the world works even as well as it does! :lol:

Lol what if everything I see and touch, every person I meet, every food I eat, is but an illusion that will cease to exist the moment I die? :chin:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2022, 6:51 pm

We're NOT an illusion.

All what you said will cease to exist, according to most people----BECAUSE you died.

The non-illusory world continues to exist.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2022, 6:55 pm

Yes,it is because of humans. Humans are incapable of living in peaceful coexistence and everything they touch turns to crap. There are millions of plant and animal species in the world that have been wiped out because of humans. They call raccoons "trash pandas", but who actually creates all of that trash? Also humans love to feel superior by being intolerant of anyone different from them, and if they had their way people of different races would still be banned from public buildings and disabled people would be thrown in gas chambers.

Humans are a deadly disease that must be avoided. Although the raccoons are probably glad to have such an abundant food source because of us.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2022, 6:56 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
We're NOT an illusion.

All what you said will cease to exist, according to most people----BECAUSE you died.

The non-illusory world continues to exist.

I was half-joking. :|

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2022, 6:58 pm

Yeah yeah.....I'm taking things too seriously AGAIN!

I get sort of rankled about this philosophical/"spiritual" stuff.

I have faith that trees in Siberia are being cut---even though I don't hear them being cut in NYC.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2022, 7:28 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

I have faith that trees in Siberia are being cut---even though I don't hear them being cut in NYC.

Don't believe him.

He, and I, and all of us, are just Fig Newtons of your imagination! :D

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2022, 7:55 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Don't believe him.

He, and I, and all of us, are just Fig Newtons of your imagination! :D

Mmm i love fig newtons! :chef:

But joking aside, I do think that the worst thing about humans is that as a collective we are pretty much responsible for the earth's destruction. We have the tools and the know-how to prevent this but we can't agree on anything.

I think of humans as being like screaming apes flinging poo at each other while the jungle is burning around them. :|

It also makes me think of the Adam and Eve story. I do not believe that's really how the birth of humans started (I believe in evolution). But it serves as the perfect metaphor for why mankind can't handle all this knowledge that they obtained from eating the forbidden fruit. We probably were better off living closer to nature despite how hard life could be. Humans have abused the power of scientific invention for some truly atrocious things.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2022, 8:15 pm

This thread reminds of a Song by the group Styx “ the Grand Illusion” and specifically the Lyrics to the song.

And am kinda sure when you die this reality ceases to exist . More specifically at least to the best of my knowledge.
Each Individuals reality ….?

where ever you go ,there you are

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2022, 8:40 pm

Jakki wrote:
This thread reminds of a Song by the group Styx “ the Grand Illusion” and specifically the Lyrics to the song.

And am kinda sure when you die this reality ceases to exist . More specifically at least to the best of my knowledge.
Each Individuals reality ….?

Yeah that's kinda what I think too.

Minder
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Dec 2022, 9:02 pm

It always has been.

An era that's good for one country isn't necessarily good for others, after all. So even if things were working well in the USA at some point, it doesn't hold that this was true all over.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2022, 9:27 pm

Yes that's true, such is the way of the world. *sigh* humans...

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2022, 9:16 am

Why is the world so screwed up ??? Hmm.. political greed ? And everyone else wanting to behave in the same way
????? Maybe not everyone ? Have seen less of this generally from people on the spectrum . But the numbers with greed seem to definitely outweigh the amount of people whom are not consumed by greed , perhaps people with greed should be treated as though they are suffering a disorder, and forced into treatment ? Would possibly make the world less screwed up ? :roll:

where ever you go ,there you are

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2022, 9:30 am

Jakki wrote:
Why is the world so screwed up ??? Hmm.. political greed ? And everyone else wanting to behave in the same way
????? Maybe not everyone ? Have seen less of this generally from people on the spectrum . But the numbers with greed seem to definitely outweigh the amount of people whom are not consumed by greed , perhaps people with greed should be treated as though they are suffering a disorder, and forced into treatment ? Would possibly make the world less screwed up ? :roll:

Maybe you're right? Also I feel like there's way too much hate and grudges in the world, whether it's imagined by certain groups or not it always leads to more violence and war.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2022, 9:44 am

Minder wrote:
It always has been.

An era that's good for one country isn't necessarily good for others, after all. So even if things were working well in the USA at some point, it doesn't hold that this was true all over.

Ironically compared to other major countries I can think of, things actually ARE working well in the USA.