Are Autistics Less Attractive Compared To Neurotypicals?

Page 5 of 6 [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Do you believe that people with autism are less attractive (on average) compared to neurotypicals?
Yes, people with autism are less attractive. 31%  31%  [ 14 ]
Yes, but only because attractive people are less likely to be diagnosed. 9%  9%  [ 4 ]
No 60%  60%  [ 27 ]
Total votes : 45

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2022, 6:30 am

Where_am_I wrote:
^ If a guy randomly PMs me, there is nothing wrong in making it clear I am not interested in anything that isn't platonic. If they're asking me whether I'm married, and keep asking me my age, then that doesn't indicate platonic intentions to me. So, I like to make things clear as I'd hate to make anyone feel led on.

And no, I wouldn't label that as being paranoid or having a co-morbid mental illness. Which I don't have, by the way.

:roll:

For accuracy purposes: Blitzkrieg did not directly ask me if I'm married, he asked if I was single, because he wanted to check he wasn't speaking to a married woman.

I hope that settles it for you, Blitzkrieg. If not, I would appreciate it if you took it up directly with the mods.

Thanks guys for your supportive posts. :heart:

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2022, 7:09 am

blitzkrieg wrote:
Nades wrote:

I noticed the personalities are a bit off with the men and women too. Obviously being attracted to the women, I find them hard to get along with.

I'm the first group, one was friendly until the time she spoke about abducting two 11 year old boys with a relative and taking them to the mountain to punish them for ridiculing another autistic (wtf)

The other was a religious crazy who asked every single man she would meet to be her boyfriend while demanding indefinite celibacy from them.

I'm the other group, another was constantly eating food and I'm that same group there was a second woman who seemed weird (I mentioned her in an earlier thread not long ago)

Anyway, she also had the green hair and was morbidly obese but apart from that, she mentioned how her friend should confront the racists around her despite her friend saying there was nobody being racist to her and she was also rambling about how she gets up into everyone's faces and said "i'll get done for assault but they'll get done for a hate crime" or something very similar to paraphrase.

It honestly seemed like it was passive aggressive assertiveness directed at me, like a warning to me because it was so out of place for the setting.

I find a disproportionate number of autisitc women confrontational and needlessly hostile when I meet them.

A lot of Autistic women seem to be paranoid almost that you are sexually interested in them, just for talking to them even, without any kind of suggestion that you are not being platonic, from my experience.

I guess a lot of Autistic women find it difficult to be women whilst also usually having co-morbid mental illness with their ASD.

I never asked an autistic woman I met in person out on a date or even showed interest in them. I just found all the ones I met so far not my cup of tea at all so I can't comment on what women think when someone is sexually interested in them.

Last edited by magz on 29 Dec 2022, 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.: offensive generalizing removed

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

29 Dec 2022, 7:31 am

! magz wrote:
A reminder of L&D boundaries:
It is acceptable to talk about unpleasant personal experiences.
It is not acceptable to generalize such experiences to whole groups that are likely to include WP members.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2022, 8:02 am

I don't think looks are the problem (although it can be a part of the problem on a case-by-case basis). Anything that's a competitive disadvantage makes you less attractive, sometimes that alone is enough even if you're fine in the looks department.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2022, 8:16 am

magz wrote:
A reminder of L&D boundaries:
It is acceptable to talk about unpleasant personal experiences.
It is not acceptable to generalize such experiences to whole groups that are likely to include WP members.

You are aware the post was about the women I met though right? I did say "my platonic contact with them" as in my personal unpleasant experiences.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

29 Dec 2022, 5:52 pm

! Cornflake wrote:
Thread unlocked - thanks for your patience.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2022, 6:01 pm

I'm confused, is this another variation on the incel subject?

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2022, 8:09 pm

r00tb33r wrote:
I'm confused, is this another variation on the incel subject?

Only by the widest imaginable standard (ie. a guy on the spectrum trying to sort out what his roadblocks are). I'd have to imagine the temporary lock was for some other more specific exchange in the thread.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2022, 10:50 pm

im naturally beautiful with or without make up but i do have goofy teeth that you cant really see that much unless i really smile but i dont smile much -- not because im unhappy or anything im just not the smiling type

i changed my avatar picture to a recent but younger looking one of me with makeup but it doesnt look like me that much because the picture is elongated

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2022, 11:14 pm

Caz72 wrote:
im naturally beautiful with or without make up but i do have goofy teeth that you cant really see that much unless i really smile but i dont smile much -- not because im unhappy or anything im just not the smiling type

i changed my avatar picture to a recent but younger looking one of me with makeup but it doesnt look like me that much because the picture is elongated

I wish I was as attractive as you. From different pictures I've seen of you here over the years you have that sort of very attractive look; wide brown eyes, blonde hair and not so pale skin, and noticeable cheek bones. If I was rich I would get surgery to try and have the same sort of facial features as you.

I don't like my face shape. I look too much like my (NT) dad. He's attractive, but for me (a woman) to look too much like him just doesn't sit right. Whenever I open my phone camera and it's self-facing, my face looks really long and like a rectangle. I just hope my face ain't really that shape. Bloody phone cameras. :roll:
I seem to look different in every mirror I look in, some mirrors I look more attractive in than in others and I hope the mirrors that I look attractive in are the "honest" mirrors.
I have a small head but broad shoulders. My eyes are too close together and are sort of a weird blueish-green colour, not really a nice colour for eyes. My forehead is quite small but the bottom part of my face is quite large. And my hair is too thick and straight and a dirty blonde. Plus I have buck teeth that are visible (my top lip doesn't cover them unless my mouth is closed), so if I do ever get decaying teeth it will notice and make me look hideous.
I just look like a dorky idiot.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2022, 12:50 pm

For what it's worth Joe, I've yet to see an eye colour that made me think to myself 'Huh, what an ugly colour for eyes'.

Blueish green being no exception. I knew a woman with blueish green eyes; the green and the blue were so blended together that I didn't know if her eyes were closer to being green or to being blue. I thought her eyes were quite pretty.

Anyway, I think that we are all more critical of our own appearances than others are of our appearance. You're likely overthinking this one, but I don't blame you. It can be difficult not to be. Still, I sincerely doubt others are as critical to your appearance as you are. If they are, then they're not worth the thought.

MissMary227
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jan 2023, 5:12 am

I am not usually attracted to men by sight because it takes a lot more for me to be interested in someone than looks. But if I do find someone with attributes that I desire (intelligence, wit, kindness, a righteous beard lol), I get kind of excited when I watch them and discover/suspect they might be a fellow aspie. 8)

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2023, 4:31 pm

MissMary227 wrote:
I am not usually attracted to men by sight because it takes a lot more for me to be interested in someone than looks. But if I do find someone with attributes that I desire (intelligence, wit, kindness, a righteous beard lol), I get kind of excited when I watch them and discover/suspect they might be a fellow aspie. 8)

So you're demisexual then.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2023, 4:58 pm

Muse933277 wrote:
MissMary227 wrote:

So you're demisexual then.

Liking people for their personality has a special label now?

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2023, 5:36 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:

Demisexual means you only feel sexual attraction towards someone after developing an emotional connection with them.

It's not to be confused with asexual, which means you don't feel sexual attraction towards anybody.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2023, 5:40 pm

Muse933277 wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

Demisexual means you only feel sexual attraction towards someone after developing an emotional connection with them.

It's not to be confused with asexual, which means you don't feel sexual attraction towards anybody.

Uh, I don't need fancy words to figure out attraction.
Millions of people throughout world history have been atypical aberrations of "sexual".
Sexual urges are meant to make babies.
Most people don't want to make babies with people they don't like.