CCP Lied About Covid Virus. Was COVID Created in a Lab?

Page 1 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2022, 5:32 pm

Quote:
LEAKED REPORT: CCP Lied About Covid Virus. Was COVID Created in a Lab?
Business Basics
555K subscribers
113,666 views Dec 4, 2022

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2022, 10:21 pm

Cross-examining the lab-leak theorists

Quote:
Vanity Fair and ProPublica’s report last week that the Wuhan Institute of Virology was coping with an unspecified emergency around the time the coronavirus emerged has renewed debate among Americans about the lab-leak theory of the pandemic.

The Vanity Fair and ProPublica story paints a picture of a mysterious biosafety incident at the lab shortly before people started becoming infected with the new virus.

Citing translations by Toy Reid, a State Department political officer covering China who reviewed documents from the Wuhan Institute of Virology’s website, the article says Chinese officials were grappling with “an acute safety emergency” the month before a coronavirus outbreak began in Wuhan.

That suggests the virus may have come from a lab accident, in line with the conclusion drawn by Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee Republicans, who provided the documents to the journalists.

The Wall Street Journal has previously reported that U.S. intelligence operatives believe three workers at the virology institute sought hospital care around the time Reid said the emergency occurred.

Vanity Fair investigative reporter Katherine Eban and ProPublica computational journalist Jeff Kao said they checked Reid’s translations with experts in Chinese Communist Party communications. But Reid made mistakes, native speakers have since pointed out, according to an L.A. Times business columnist and Semafor media reporter, casting doubt on the story.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2022, 10:31 pm

Did the claim also cite the “Grassy Knoll” aspect?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2022, 10:57 pm

Fnord wrote:

Maybe it was fluoride in the water.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2022, 2:15 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Put there by Lizard People or one of their lobotomized slaves?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2022, 2:28 am

I heard stories about them lying.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2022, 3:48 am

Fnord wrote:

Many/most reputable non-political scientists would agree that the probable cause of the Wuhan flu was the result of lab manipulation.
I find it odd that people don't at least think in terms of "possible".

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2022, 4:05 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
I heard stories about them lying.

The CCP has absolutely no credibility, like pootin.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2022, 4:25 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Fnord wrote:

As I've mentioned, some ppl jumped to conclusions that it wasn't from a lab.
"Curious."

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2022, 11:40 am

Pepe wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Fnord wrote:

"Curious."

Pretty much all of those that are suspicious or believe that it did come from the Wuhan Lab have jumped to the conclusion that it was an accident, not a bioweapon.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2022, 7:16 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Pepe wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Fnord wrote:

"Curious."

Pretty much all of those that are suspicious or believe that it did come from the Wuhan Lab have jumped to the conclusion that it was an accident, not a bioweapon.

The Chinese Military is in control of the Lab, I have heard.
I believe this is a fact.
If so, that should give any objective individual pause for thought. 8)

My belief at this time is that the virus escaped the lab through poor security measures.
The Chinese apparently had poor methodology regarding safety.
This was partly due to the Chinese kicking out the French when the lab was finished.

catto_catto
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Mar 2023, 5:22 am

I think this is more of an "infected lab animal got sold to wet market" kind of fked up than a man-made bioweapon accident kind of fked up(like those USSR lab accidents). Let's be real here, COVID sucks from a weapon perspective, what kind of bioweapons only has a 1-2% of death rate?? Even SARS can do better than that.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

01 Mar 2023, 5:57 am

Pepe, I believe you remember I stated this many times:

Covid would be awful as a bioweapon and I don't think the Chinese are that dumb.
However, cutting-edge regular virology with insufficient safety measures can't be ruled out. Both cutting-edge science and insufficient safety are known to exist in China in massive amounts. Something could leak outside, then all the natural processes started. And then the state trying to cover it up to avoid legal consequences and a blow to their prestige, basically destroing all they invested into their position in the world of science and that's a lot.

This is my position on the "covid might have escaped from a lab" suspicion and I haven't seen convincing evidence against it so far.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2023, 7:00 am

Feels like something out of a Resident Evil video game where a mutating virus "accidentally" leaks on the world from a lab and a government/corporation tries to cover it up. :skull:

https://youtu.be/B3Qj6DArQOU

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

01 Mar 2023, 7:12 am

In this case, I think it was a genuine accident - otherwise it would have been incredible stupidity.
Taking Chinese attitude towards safety (that we can watch on countless photos from Chinese construction sites) into account, chances for a genuine accident were high.
Covering up - that's another topic. China is a dictatorship without mechanisms promoting transparency. Their government probably had no interest at all in letting others get to the truth.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2023, 7:34 am

I agree, I think it was a genuine accident that the CCP tried to cover up because as you said they are a dictatorship. They care more about saving face than saving lives obviously.

But what baffles me is the fact that not only were so many "experts" here in the West willingly accepting and promoting the CCP's obvious cover-up but anyone who dared to question it was being labeled as a Trump-supporting bigot.

I mean don't get me wrong I do get that Trump's response to this whole mess was indeed very racist and probably contributed a lot to the recent anti-Asian violence in my country.

But it's like the left and the media went in another extreme direction where it almost felt like they were siding with the CCP on this. Because anyone who dared to question this was told to shut up because they were just a bigot and a moron.

...and these same people wonder why so many of us do not trust the news or the government anymore? :?