Feeling bad because I didn't take a career in sports

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2022, 7:27 pm

I remember when I was at school, I used to enjoy playing physical education such as football, basketball, trampolining and swimming. But it wasn't one of the GCSE options I chose for exams and instead I did art, science, history and ICT. I seem to find myself liking those things such as sports games like basketball and swimming but I don't know if its because I'm not passionate enough to have wanted to do it because I seem to have such a varied interest in different things and I haven't seem to have chosen one to make a career out of it.

It's a bit like how I've expressed feeling bad for not starting or having a business in previous threads. I remember there were times I would also have dreams of being in a band and got a bass guitar and had some lessons and tried a few times to play the song by Green Day called Boulevard of Broken Dreams because I couldn't seem to always catch up on the notes and in the end I stopped playing and haven't played it since. I still like listening to music in the same way sometimes I like playing some sports games but I still get these thoughts of feeling like I should have gone into what those sports players or musicians are doing.

I remember coming across a miss-placed football manual at work and had a look through some pages saw some profiles of some players and looking as though they are already at the height of their careers already some as young as 18 or 21. I keep telling myself ''Well, this is what they wanted to do and chances are they did lots of training for years because they were passionate in becoming professional football players probably since they left school.''