Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2022, 5:29 am

One of my young relatives is getting an Xbox for her birthday. I thought I could give her a game for her birthday.

I don't know what type of Xbox she's getting but I strongly suspect it's a Series S because it's cheaper than the series X.

I don't know quite what to get her. It's been a few years since I've played Xbox and I feel out of the loop. I haven't used the XBone or series X/S.

So far the only ideas I have is to give her Kameo: Elements of Power, a child friendly game I enjoyed on Xbox 360. It should be able to run on Series S's backwards compatibility mode.

Are there any other suggestions?

nineinchnailsfan93
Raven
Raven

17 Dec 2022, 1:29 pm

You could always get her Minecraft. Its pretty much a go to game to get for kids.

You could also get her the rare collection since its got banjo kazooie and banjo tooie.

Another would be yooka laylee.

themizarkshow
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Dec 2022, 9:22 pm

There are a lot of great cozy games on Xbox. I'd look at something along the lines of:

* Disney Dreamlight Valley
* Little Witch in the Woods
* Potion Permit
* Stardew Valley

And another good one/two from the 360 era is Viva Pinata.

- Late-Dx Autie in Milwaukee
- Interests include: twisty puzzles, videogames, zines, & typewriters
- My main Mastodon account
- My most active NeoCities page (hooray for the old web)

Zeke the alien
Raven
Raven

28 Dec 2022, 9:54 pm

Portal 2 is a fun, silly, relatively kid-friendly (rated E10) game that I'm pretty sure is on the Xbox game store.

There's even a co-op mode that takes place after the events of the main story that you two could play together, Portal 2 is one of my favorite games!