Why do some people dislike inter racial dating?

Page 8 of 8 [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2022, 3:51 pm

cyberdad wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
I feel sorry for any black guys who might read this thread and feel inadequate if they don't meet the stereotype about size etc. I

It's funny, I've only met black men when I was in Malaysia. In Australia black men are rare to meet (African American men are even more rare).

Through speaking to friends who have associated with black men here in Melbourne, they are quite popular with girls. I think part of the reason is they are disproportionately represented in the media in sport, music and entertainment.

I know many young black men, through work and through my kids. Many of my son's best friends are black. Most of them are quite religious whether Muslim or Christian. Come to think of it, they're the ones who have chosen not to date until their lives are established with PhD degrees and stable jobs. The same is true of his Jewish friends.

My daughter always found black / brown guys to be more respectful of women than white guys, although I can't generalise to say that's true. She met a lot of BIPOC guys at church so I guess it might be dependent on the setting. She used to want to marry someone of another race so she could have children with beautiful skin. (I hope that doesn't sound racist, but she hates being so pale.) The guy she did date for a few years was Indigenous.

Minder
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Dec 2022, 4:28 pm

cyberdad wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
I'm tired of men perpetuating this myth to other men, that they aren't good enough if they aren't:
- rich
- well hung
- tall with a good physique and muscles
- have a good job and car, etc.

Young women always tended to hypergamy but in the pre-internet era there was more opportunity to meet face to face so men with the ability to be funny, charismatic or compatible stood a good chance of getting dates.

I think in the modern era young "dateable" women are much more overworked (doing multiple jobs or long hours) and tend to communicate more on social media than the previous generation. I think there's good data that young women screen potential dating partners online even after meeting them F2F. they can talk to friends in real time about potential partners.

I've spoken to nephews and nieces and they tell me that young men don't find somebody in highschool or university then it becomes harder and harder once they hit the workforce. Women are more acutely hypergamous online and even I noticed in the 1990s that average women wanted men who looked like Brad Pitt and earned money like Bill Gates, It's one of the main reasons I went overseas to find a wife.

I think it's an issue of people socializing less in general. At least in the US, it's not unusual for people to move around the country following job opportunities, which makes it very hard to form lasting communities. By the time people do settle down in a place (if they do), they're not necessarily comfortable socializing with new folks or even have much inclination to do so.

In the old days, if you were a geeky introverted type who wanted to come out and meet people, there was still a social scene in which to do it. There's less of one these days. It's not gone, by any means, but it's much more scant because so many more have become geeky and introverted by living through their computers and social media.

This is one of the reasons we have dating apps. But those aren't great. Last I heard, Tinder is something like 80% men, which obviously skews the likelihood for any of those men finding someone. Plus, there are a ton of bot/dead accounts on there.

Thus, if you didn't sharpen up your social skills in high school/college, it's likely to be much harder for you going forward. There just aren't as many opportunities after that, and the deficit becomes more noticeable.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2022, 5:12 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Speaking for a friend, some white women don't want them huge because:

- it gives the guy an inflated sense of ego
- he often thinks that's all he needs to offer
- she might worry that he'll cheat on her
- it might hurt her, if he's a moron
- harder to accommodate for certain ... er, activities (oral, anal)
- harder to accommodate for certain positions
- it can stretch out her own body unnecessarily

Just a few thoughts.

According to academic research findings, I am average on the best of days, and below average the rest of the time. So luckily I'm not in danger of any of the above things. :wink:

I hope your friend is well, whoever they are. :|

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2022, 5:23 pm

No offence to men, but most guys I know are terrified just to have a colonoscopy when they're under sedation and the apparatus is thinner than my pinkie finger.

If y'all had to be penetrated by a man while awake, how big would you want it to be?

(No snide jokes about gay guys either -- I'm asking all men.)

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

07 Dec 2022, 5:35 pm

! Cornflake wrote:
That's enough racist stereotyping, thanks.

Locked.