My divination cards that mean actual death

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2022, 5:54 pm

After practicing divination with playing cards for a while (aka cartomancy) I have come to my own conclusion about which of these cards can potentially predict an actual death.

Some of these meanings are based off their minor arcana equivalents in tarot that I have studied but I have also come up with my own meanings for the red and black joker cards which I have nicknamed "The Red Devil and The Black Death". :evil: :skull:

♤♡◇♧

The first card, the most notorious "death card", is of course the Ace of Spades. Having this card pull up in a reading can mean either a literal death of either the seeker or someone close to the seeker, but it can also be a symbolic death in the form of a devestating and unwanted change in one's life. Also an interesting and morbid historical fact: during the Vietnam War American soldiers who were vaguely familiar with the sinister meaning of this card used them in psychological warfare by spreading Ace of Spades cards on the corpses and destroyed villages of their enemies.

This card is the King of Hearts, also known as "The Suicide King" because of the bizarre way he appears to be driving his own sword through his head. Because of this I personally have linked this card to literal suicide. The King of Hearts is interpreted in different ways to different cartomancers, I view him as an emotionally unbalanced man who unlike the other three kings easily gives into his feelings over logic too easily to the point that the world gets too much for him. I link this card with depression, suicidal thoughts or actions, and even a damaged mind.

This is the Queen of Spades which is a tragic card connected with women who are unhappy and unlucky in love and relationships. She is sometimes nicknamed "The Black Widow" and is linked to divorce and also widowhood. So as a card for married women she represents bitterness with life and a woman who is doomed for bad relationships, never finding true happiness with her lovers because they either break up with her or they pass away and leave her with depression or a cruel calloused heart.

The 5 of Diamonds, like the 5 of Coins in tarot this card conjures up images of extreme poverty or homelessness and poor health that gets worst and not better.

The 5 of Hearts, like the 5 of Cups in tarot, brings to mind images of mourning and loss. A figure shrouded in black leaves behind their material goods as they prepare to cross a river to the "other side".

The Three of Spades. In tarot this card equals the Three of Swords which depicts a gloomy heart pierced by three blades. It means disappointment and depression but in my opinion can also be linked to severe health problems or a need for surgery. I've read from some sources that claim this card is also linked to miscarriages.

The Four of Spades. In tarot this depicts a knight being laid to rest in a tomb. This is a card linked to funerals, burials, and cemeteries. Eternal rest.

The 10 of Diamonds, like the 10 of Coins, is all about coming into big money or getting property. Like if you gamble and win big, but it can also mean that you will inherit a fortune and/or property from a relative doomed to pass away (or one who has already passed and leaves you something in their will).

The 10 of Spades is one of the scariest 'death' cards to pull, much like the 10 of Swords. It means something truly terrible like a violent accident or even murder. Can also mean betrayel by those closest to you, 'backstabbers' who bring your downfall. Also an utterly humiliating defeat.

The red Joker which I have nicknamed "The Red Devil" is all about wicked consumption and overindulgence. As a death card it can mean death brought on by health issues due to overeating, STDs, drug abuse, etc.

And finally The Black Joker which I have nicknaked "The Black Death". Has some overlap with The Red Joker card only more powerful and dangerous. He is like The Grim Reaper whom none can escape his blade.

In a way i liken both the Red Joker and Black Joker cards to The Devil and Death cards in tarot. I read that some people have tried using the Jokers to equate The Fool or The Fool and The Magician but that never "felt right" to me.

So anyways what do you guys think of my morbid interpretation? :mrgreen:

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2022, 6:41 pm

A word of advice.

Don't offer readings to people and tell them that a loved one is going to die, or that their nightmares will come true and a psychopath will come back into their life to commit murder.

That generally doesn't go over very well with people.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2022, 6:45 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
A word of advice.

Don't offer readings to people and tell them that a loved one is going to die, or that their nightmares will come true and a psychopath will come back into their life to commit murder.

That generally doesn't go over very well with people.

I know, that's why I mostly stick to doing readings about political things these days.

I did readings for a close friend who had a sister who lost her husband to cancer and in my readings the Queen of Spades pulled up several times. Eventually this friend's sister ended up taking her own life and I felt very terrible...

I truly believe there really is something to the power of divination with cards. I shouldn't treat it like a game... :|

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2022, 11:33 pm

But I have an obsession with death as an entity. I feel that cthonic deities like Lilith and Pluto are where I draw most of my creativity and inspiration from for divination and magic. :skull:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2022, 9:49 am

it is probably prudent if not pleasant, to know the time and circumstances of one's own death so that one might prepare.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2022, 10:07 am

Isabella is right though I think I probably should learn to sugarcoat things a bit whenever I think I see an actual death in someone's card reading... :|

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2022, 10:08 am

It doesn't go very well with people to preordain someone's demise----because reading cards is certainly not an exact science.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2022, 10:14 am

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Isabella is right though I think I probably should learn to sugarcoat things a bit whenever I think I see an actual death in someone's card reading... :|

Right.

This is what you told me on a random reading three years ago:

IsabellaLinton wrote:

... a loved one is going to die, or their nightmares will come true and a psychopath will come back into their life to commit murder.

It traumatised me so badly I still haven't forgotten it.
I have nothing against tarot cards but your choice of words was sickening.
You knew what my triggers were at the time, and you exploited them.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2022, 10:22 am

I don't really know what to say except I'm sorry. I was behaving like a sick clown who would say or do anything for attention, and yes I'm aware that I still do this. I apologize. :|

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2022, 10:55 am

I'm not giving up tarot but I will quit being such an edgelord...

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2022, 11:25 am

just keep in mind what happened to sylvia browne.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2022, 11:57 am

auntblabby wrote:
just keep in mind what happened to sylvia browne.

Had to google who that was. I don't want to be one of those fake psychics who exploit people for fame and money. I do readings because I genuinenly enjoy doing this stuff and because I believe in it, even when I'm being an edgelord.

I just need to quit trying so hard to shock people. I get it now. People probably think I'm a creep and a psycho.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2022, 1:02 pm

Not that long ago on Youtube they had a virtual Tarot card reading. I don't really believe in such things, but I decided I'd temporarily suspend my disbelief for some amusement. I got the Death card. They told me not to worry, it doesn't really mean literal death, more like significant change. Good thing I didn't get "The Happy Squirrel" card. :lol:

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2022, 1:17 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
Not that long ago on Youtube they had a virtual Tarot card reading. I don't really believe in such things, but I decided I'd temporarily suspend my disbelief for some amusement. I got the Death card. They told me not to worry, it doesn't really mean literal death, more like significant change. Good thing I didn't get "The Happy Squirrel" card. :lol:

From my experiences reading these cards some of these cards can relate to an actual death depending on the context and the cards surrounding them.

Usually it's the New Age card readers who try to claim that none of the cards have a sinister meaning and that everything is all "love and light". I always thought this was false because you can't have light without darkness in this world. Every light casts shadows.

Of course being an edgelord I have a bad habit of being overly dark about everything...

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2022, 1:32 pm

^^^ I'm pretty much an "edgelord" too. Or edgelady, maybe. :skull:

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2022, 1:34 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
^^^ I'm pretty much an "edgelord" too. Or edgelady, maybe. :skull:

Good evening malady! :jester: