Page 3 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2022, 7:16 am

There are more blue pockets by percentage in Georgia than there is in NY State.

Only major cities vote blue. Even many of the suburbs of NYC tend to vote red. And Staten Island, within NYC votes red.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2022, 10:52 am

That's interesting, honestly I always thought New York would be a mostly blue state. :)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2022, 10:57 am

Nope....only in the major cities, or university towns.

Most of the rural (and suburban) parts of the state are really pretty conservative. Even the two counties immediately east of my county consistently vote Republican.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2022, 11:00 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Nope....only in the major cities, or university towns.

Most of the rural (and suburban) parts of the state are really pretty conservative. Even the two counties immediately east of my county consistently vote Republican.

I guess that's why they say the main issues in our country are mostly one of urban vs rural. It makes sense now.

It reminds me of a joke Bill Maher once made about how there is no true "Red States vs Blue States" because the US is, like Mitch McConnell's hands, several shades of purple. :lol:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2022, 11:05 am

It's urban versus rural-----university town versus rural farm town.

Even in Florida, most of the cities Tampa on south vote Blue----but the rural parts of southern Florida vote red. Northern Florida, except for Tallahassee, votes red.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2022, 11:18 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
It's urban versus rural-----university town versus rural farm town.

Even in Florida, most of the cities Tampa on south vote Blue----but the rural parts of southern Florida vote red. Northern Florida, except for Tallahassee, votes red.

Yeah I know, I live right above Tallahassee. :)

I also used to live in Pensacola for 10 years which is a big military and tourist city. Living there was some of the happiest years of my life despite the roller coaster ride with my mom's abusive psycho of a husband. Pensacola felt a LOT less conservative than where I grew up.