Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

LeafyGenes
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Dec 2022, 12:59 pm

Hi
Can anyone tell me a bit about Abilify from personal experience? A family member is on it, but doesn't currently talk much.

"From there to there, from here to there, funny things are everywhere!" Dr Suess, One Fish, Two Fish

Crystal1414
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Dec 2022, 10:09 pm

Im on it. It helps with my moods and paranoia. I find that it helps me. I have been on it for 3 years.

LeafyGenes
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Dec 2022, 3:05 pm

Crystal1414 thank you. I am curious, does it change your ability to play music, or how you feel about listening to music? Has your enjoyment or ease of reading changed?

(If anyone else reading this has experienced a change I would also love to hear that)

"From there to there, from here to there, funny things are everywhere!" Dr Suess, One Fish, Two Fish

Crystal1414
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Dec 2022, 3:24 pm

LeafyGenes wrote:
Crystal1414 thank you. I am curious, does it change your ability to play music, or how you feel about listening to music? Has your enjoyment or ease of reading changed?

(If anyone else reading this has experienced a change I would also love to hear that)

I dont think it changes my ability to play instruments or enjoy music. I have not been reading as much as I used to. I am not sure if that is because of the medication or not though.

LeafyGenes
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Dec 2022, 4:24 pm

Crystal1414, thank you :) I always think people's real-life experiences are worth so much.

LeafyGenes
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Dec 2022, 2:58 pm

Da_Zero these are all good points, thank you. Personally I am not in favour of drugs (prefer vitamins) but I can see that sometimes they can be necessary as a stepping stone.