Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2022, 1:00 pm

Can you guys check out this brand new Autistic Youtuber? She has been posting for about a month but I noticed that people are not liking her videos. I am wanting to know what you all honestly think of her. The channel is called MyWorldAutisitic. Here is the video she just posted. Thank you. I really appreciate your opinions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3jloZQcQz8

Wreck It Ralph

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2022, 3:43 pm

I've seen her and I think she's great!

I highly recommend her videos!

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2022, 4:08 pm

I thank you so much for your input! I am trying to understand why she isn't getting likes on her videos.

Wreck It Ralph

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2022, 4:21 pm

As for why not getting likes at a higher rate, her not-overproduced, conversational, pace which is quite comfortable to me in this video might not appeal to people living in a flashy media-saturated society.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2022, 4:24 pm

Yes. I like her videos too.

You gotta walk before you can run. The person has only just started their channel. it takes a while to get a following. I am not sure what the "right way" to do an autism channel even is. But she is similar in tone to An Mish (a young Danish aspie lady) who has been quite popular for a long time, whom I watch now and then.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2022, 4:29 pm

I'm looking at those headphones.
I think I'll give them a try.
I wonder which NC number to get?

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2022, 4:39 pm

Am currently at 26 minute point in her 29 minute video & what she's saying is spot on, that is what some of the reality of being autistic is.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2022, 4:41 pm

kitesandtrainsandcats wrote:
Am currently at 26 minute point in her 29 minute video & what she's saying is spot on, that is what some of the reality of being autistic is.

Everything she says is brilliant imo, and always perfect timing of what's going on in my life.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2022, 7:44 pm

She was rather a long time getting to the point, but it was worth my while to bear with her. Presentation speed in general was a tad slower than what I need but that's better than being too fast. A written transcript would be good. I suspect the reason she's not getting any likes is because a lot of people might have given up listening after a few minutes. The preamble about kayaks was necessary but could probably have been made shorter.

As for the message itself, I'm familiar with the problem and I haven't known anybody else describe it before. My ways of working have often perplexed people but there are good reasons why I have to do things in my own way.

Overall verdict: Remarkably good job for a first upload by a beginner with little technical help. Unfortunate that I can't do a comment or a "like" there because I have no account with Google.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2022, 7:54 pm

Just out of curiosity, does anyone ever wake up in the morning and think "gee, I think I need more autism in my life!"

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2022, 8:02 pm

^
No but I often wish self and others understood more about autism from the inside. When I wake up in the morning I just think "need tea."

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2022, 9:06 pm

r00tb33r wrote:
Just out of curiosity, does anyone ever wake up in the morning and think "gee, I think I need more autism in my life!"

Not in those specific words, but I think:

- Gee I'm glad I get to be retired, and indulge all my autistic needs
- I can't wait to get online and talk to my new, autistic bestie who is still learning about it
- I need more time to relax and stim
- I need to renovate my house for sensory accommodations
- I wish certain people respected my autism so I could spend more time with them
- I wish I wasn't so disabled by the NT world, so I could "be more autistic" in public
- I could use a few autistic grand-babies ...

etc.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2022, 3:13 am

skibum wrote:
Can you guys check out this brand new Autistic Youtuber? She has been posting for about a month but I noticed that people are not liking her videos. I am wanting to know what you all honestly think of her. The channel is called MyWorldAutisitic. Here is the video she just posted. Thank you. I really appreciate your opinions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3jloZQcQz8

Given that it's just her talking, with no significant visuals, I'm wondering if she would consider doing a podcast?

I'm not saying some she should stop making videos. Some people might prefer to watch her while she talks. But perhaps she could upload the soundtracks of her videos to some podcast site? Might get a bigger audience if she does podcasts as well as videos?

Also, perhaps she should consider posting transcripts to a blog, for those of us who prefer to read?