Which wooden Lilith statue should I consider getting?

Page 1 of 6 [ 95 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2022, 5:26 pm

Honestly I like all of three of these but cannot make up my mind. They're pretty expensive... :?

I hope next year I can save enough to get at least one of these statues. Which should it be? :chin:

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2022, 6:10 pm

Another one I found with a beautiful piece of labradorite in it.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2022, 8:30 pm

She has a face that says "I am the crocodile in the watering hole." :skull:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2022, 10:24 pm

I like the first one. She's got nice peas on her chest.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2022, 10:47 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I like the first one. She's got nice peas on her chest.

I like her because of the planet symbols surrounding her head. :) Im sorta into astrology and there is a planetary object in astrology known as "Black Moon Lilith" which is named after her. It's an imaginary line drawn at the focal point where the moon appears furthest away from the earth. In astrology this "planet" on a natal chart I think it represents the person's deepest darkest taboos when it comes to things like their repressed sexuality or the dark side of their personality.

On my natal chart I have Black Moon Lilith conjunct with Pluto in my 10th House under Scorpio. That's like a triple whammy of darkness! :skull: :skull: :skull:

There's a little Lilith in all of us :P

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2022, 11:09 pm

This is my natal chart btw and this was what astro-seek.org said about my Black Moon Lilith placement

Lilith - Black Moon - Fascination and Denial
Lilith is a fictional point - the second empty focal point of elliptical orbit of the Moon around the Earth.
In mythology, Lilith refused to submit to Adam, rebelled against the connection between Adam and Eve, decided to escape from the world of people and made a connection with Satan.
In astrology, Lilith symbolizes either fascination or refusal of topics with which she is connected with. Both, the fascination or the rejection of the given topics, can eventually engulf the person and take him "away" from the human world.

Lilith (Mean) in Scorpio
Dedication or Hell - there is no other choice; dangers from the depths.
These people must be immersed into dark depths. Lilith in Scorpio is associated with power and violence, and it often suggests tendency to masochism and self-injury. These people exhibit strong instinctive exuberance and wild sexuality, or on the contrary, absolute rejection of sexuality. Their sexual strength gives them great mental fruitfulness and creativity. Dedication and/or hell! There is no other choice. The dark and secret side will be mercilessly exposed to light.
Beware of injuries in the genital area, excessive sexual desires or, on the contrary, complete rejection of sexuality.

Lilith (Mean) in the 10th House
Refusing to fit into their society; inclination to protest against everything

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2022, 10:05 am

I like the last statue.
Isn’t she suppose to have bird feet?

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2022, 10:26 am

Misslizard wrote:
I like the last statue.
Isn’t she suppose to have bird feet?

You must be referrinf to the Burney Relief? :)

People thought for a long time that the Burney Relief depicted Lilith but modern scholars now believe that it actually depicts the Goddess of Love and War Inanna (because the lions at her feet are more Inanna's sacred symbol and the Ancient Sumerians most likely would have never placed a demon like Lilith in the position of a deity by depicting her with the rings in her hands or the horned headdress on her head).

A case of mistaken identity. :P

But I personally think it's ok to use the Burney Relief as Lilith's image. It's not much different from how Japanese Christians during the Edo period used statues of the Goddess Kannon in place of Mary because of the similarities in appearance (a cloaked woman holding an infant with a loving smile).

Also there's other famous paintings of Lilith that depict her without any wings or bird feet. One depicts her with a giant snake because of the myth about her disguising as the serpent in the Garden of Eden who tricked Adam and Eve into eating the forbidden fruit.

Anyways here's some of old famous artworks that appear to be most associated with Lilith. :)

"The Burney Relief" that was discovered in the ruins of Mesopotamia by antiques dealer Sydney Burney

"Lilith", a painting by John Collier

"Lady Lilith" by artist Dante Gabriel Rossetti

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2022, 10:37 am

An interesting read about her.
https://bethshalompgh.org/who-was-lilit ... -1-2-2021/

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2022, 11:05 am

Misslizard wrote:

That was a very interesting read. Thank you. :)

One website I think you would enjoy put together by a follower of lilith is libraryoflilith.com

This one particular blog post was my favorite where she brings up the connection between Lilith and the Sumerian Demon Goddess Lamashtu whom Lilith most likely evolved from.

She also brings up some interesting points about the way people today have tried to whitewash Lilith's story and how that in itself is really a type of misogyny (which I agree).

https://libraryoflilith.com/the-lilith-i-know/

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2022, 3:29 pm

The third one.

The fourth one is nice too.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2022, 3:37 pm

Three people who I showed these to all said they liked the third statue the most. :)

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2022, 6:59 pm

Know what I just thought about? Lilith is just like the character Akasha from "Queen of the Damned". :lol:

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2022, 10:27 pm

Here's some more wooden mini statues of Lilith I found on Etsy. I don't like them as much as my top three choices but they are pretty neat too. 8)

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2022, 10:32 am

DeathFlowerKing wrote:

Of all the extra ones I looked at I think I like this one the most because it reminds me of the Burney Relief. :heart:

RiverLad
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Dec 2022, 11:05 am

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:

Of all the extra ones I looked at I think I like this one the most because it reminds me of the Burney Relief. :heart:

I’d say this is the most powerful one.