Which wooden Lilith statue should I consider getting?

Page 6 of 6 [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2022, 3:33 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Ishtar sounds a bit like Inanna as you describer her, both a goddess of love and war and had a way of pulling in male lovers and casting them aside like the way the Dao treats life itself (for whatever occult familiarity Margaret Weis had in writing the Dragonlance books, her handling of Kitiara as a Dragon Highlord mirrored Ishar a lot).

For some reason I end up being actually more intimidated by Aphrodite / Venus than Lilith, and it might be because what you get with Lilith is more straight forward whereas with Aphrodite you may not know what the rules are and if you were going to get dropped on your head it almost seems like you'd be less likely to see it coming.

Actually Inanna and Ishtar are the same Goddess much like Aphrodite and Venus. But she is called different names depending on which civilization worshipped her and interestingly enough she was the inspiration for the Greek and Roman Goddess of Love Aphrodite aka Venus. Even her sacred symbol the 8 pointed star refers to the Morning and Evening Star which is the planet Venus itself. :star:

The fact that there's a long history of gods inspiring other gods is why I consider myself to be an omnist. :)

As for Lilith while I do admire her I also get the feeling that she's not what a lot of people today imagine her to be. But that's just me...

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2022, 3:51 pm

Btw have you heard of the three astrological bodies in space named after Lilith?

There's Black Moon Lilith which is not really a moon but a focal point drawn where the moon's orbit appears to be at its furthest from the earth (kinda like the Lunar Apogees aka Rahu and Ketu)

Then there's Dark Moon Lilith which from my understanding is a hypothetical moon or planet that hasn't been proven to actually exist but is still used by some astrologers.

And then there is an asteroid floating around in space named after Lilith.

Of all these Black Moon Lilith is the only one that seems to be regularly used by modern astrologers. There's not a lot of concrete info about what it actually means on a person's natal chart but it appears for the most part to be linked to a person's inner taboos, like that dark side of who they are that they either refuse to expose to the world or they may even express it too much.

It can be linked to things like S&M and other fetishes and desires that are suppressed.

On my natal chart I have Black Moon Lilith conjunct with Pluto (another dark planet) under the sign of Scorpio in my Midheaven. And I was born on a New Moon.

Maybe that explains why I am such an edgelord? :oops:

https://astrofix.net/how-to-find-all-fo ... rth-chart/

And also I don't believe Algol is related in any way to Lilith.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2022, 4:11 pm

One of these days I'll get the definition of 'edgelord' right, it just sounds way too positive for people to actually apply it in the manner they do (my mind typically runs with the 'edge' part of it in a different direction).

I'm Scorpio in a stupid number of ways, don't have my chart in front of me but it seems like my whole chart fits in 1/3 of the ring. One odd thing that hits with me on this is Mars squared Leo. While I typically don't take astrology all that seriously this is one of those cases where I have indeed noticed some correlations in my life (and my rationalization on how I make that work - sailors prefer a crosswind over a tailwind because they can scoop it up for movement more readily). I'll have to grab my chart to remind myself just how many Scorpios I have but I believe it's Sun, Moon, Mercury, and at least two or three more planets as well (ascending isn't Scorpio however, it's Capricorn).

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2022, 4:24 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
One of these days I'll get the definition of 'edgelord' right, it just sounds way too positive for people to actually apply it in the manner they do (my mind typically runs with the 'edge' part of it in a different direction).

I'm Scorpio in a stupid number of ways, don't have my chart in front of me but it seems like my whole chart fits in 1/3 of the ring. One odd thing that hits with me on this is Mars squared Leo. While I typically don't take astrology all that seriously this is one of those cases where I have indeed noticed some correlations in my life (and my rationalization on how I make that work - sailors prefer a crosswind over a tailwind because they can scoop it up for movement more readily). I'll have to grab my chart to remind myself just how many Scorpios I have but I believe it's Sun, Moon, Mercury, and at least two or three more planets as well (ascending isn't Scorpio however, it's Capricorn).

I admit I'm not really an expert on astrology myself but the few parts I understood from looking up my natal chart kinda raised an eyebrow. Some of it was pretty spot on.

Also my birth sign is under Taurus and I have the Sun, Moon, and Mercury very close together under this sign (and I'm not totally sure but I think I was born under the fixed star Algol which is kinda scary...)

My Ascendent Sign however is Capricorn and my ruling planet is Saturn (another malefic planet just like the Pluto & Black Moon Lilith thing).

This was an interesting article I found that kinda explains what Pluto and Black Moon Lilith mean together.

https://fauvismastrology.wordpress.com/ ... and-pluto/

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2022, 6:35 pm

If I ever do get to build myself a Lilith altar I think I will order this wood statue. It's simple and does not in any way copy the Burney Relief.

I also might get some items to place around this mini statue as a tribute to the Dark Goddess herself.

Wood Statue

Demon Sigil

Tarot Box

Black Moonstone Crystal Flame

Black Obsidian Sphere

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2022, 11:18 am

I also feel that because Lilith has connections to the energy of the Black Moon and possibly even the New Moon every month (I was actually born under a New Moon according to my Natal Chart), that this would be a good necklace to display on my little shrine to her in her honor.

It's a handcarved stone shaped like a black crescent moon.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2022, 9:00 pm

I think i have made a mistake trying to work with Lilith...

I don't trust the popular sources I have read about her because they are all based on misinformation. The Burney Relief was Inanna, NOT Lilith. And the Alphabet of Ben Sira was satire designed to mock Judeo-Christian beliefs.

The occultists and pagans (like me) who embrace these misconceptions about her as some sort of divine spiritual truth are just making fools of themselves.

Back to Square One for me. :?

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2022, 9:15 pm

I get the stumbling block / hurdle though.

To work with her you'd have to find, from some angle or direction, a constructive way to engage her, even a narrow acquaintance, some particular stretch of bandwidth shared in common between both you and her where things feel safe and comfortable, where mutual trust can be established at all. The reason you can't establish that is because you see her almost exclusively as a diabolic / catabolizing force that eats life and would never be able to extend anything in the way of friendship as you find no safe angles to who or what she is to begin with.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2022, 9:30 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
I get the stumbling block / hurdle though.

To work with her you'd have to find, from some angle or direction, a constructive way to engage her, even a narrow acquaintance, some particular stretch of bandwidth shared in common between both you and her where things feel safe and comfortable, where mutual trust can be established at all. The reason you can't establish that is because you see her almost exclusively as a diabolic / catabolizing force that eats life and would never be able to extend anything in the way of friendship as you find no safe angles to who or what she is to begin with.

I feel it's because I'm one of the few who sees through her for what she really is...

But I get what you are saying. I think there are other deities out there who I can relate to on a personal level who aren't nearly as malevolent. Like Inanna or perhaps even the Shichifukujin.

To work with the Shichifukujin though I think I would have to really get to learn about and embrace Japanese culture. To honor them with as much respect as I possibly can.

And of course learn about their roots with Indian and Chinese deities.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2022, 9:36 pm

If you want to work with a goddess whose something of a sibling to Lilith you can perhaps try working with Hecate.

I remember a practitioner when I was in OTO who I used to talk to sometimes about these things. We ended up carpooling to a local bar where they were having an evening out and she mentioned that most people contact Lilith after having worked with Hecate and are actually introduced to her via Hecate.

Maybe it's the case that if you work with Hecate, and particularly if you find in Hecate angles and attributes you can relate to, she might be able to help you decide whether you'd want to work with Lilith and why.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2022, 9:45 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
If you want to work with a goddess whose something of a sibling to Lilith you can perhaps try working with Hecate.

I remember a practitioner when I was in OTO who I used to talk to sometimes about these things. We ended up carpooling to a local bar where they were having an evening out and she mentioned that most people contact Lilith after having worked with Hecate and are actually introduced to her via Hecate.

Maybe it's the case that if you work with Hecate, and particularly if you find in Hecate angles and attributes you can relate to, she might be able to help you decide whether you'd want to work with Lilith and why.

I actually have thought about Hecate before but for some odd reason I don't feel like she particularly calls out to me. Know what I mean?

I always felt that the Gods draw us in when they want us to work with them for whatever reason. Lilith had the most powerful pull on me but I'm starting to regret it and I now think maybe just because certains deities call to us doesn't mean we have to work with them if it can be at all dangerous to do so.

But there are other deities I have felt drawn to over the years such as Hestia, Inanna, The Shichifukujin, Hades/Pluto, and even Columbia.

So I have a few on my list who I can still try to find a deeper connection to. :)

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2022, 9:47 pm

I suppose find the right one to work with.

Netflix and Steam till then.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2022, 9:58 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
I suppose find the right one to work with.

Netflix and Steam till then.

Funny you say that, after getting over another whirlwind of mania and depression I'm chilling out watching The Golden Girls on Hulu. They always make me feel a little better about life. :heart:

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2022, 10:13 pm

Yeah, you can't always be temples-deep in serious topics. My big outlet is my other big love - drum n bass.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2022, 10:16 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Yeah, you can't always be temples-deep in serious topics. My big outlet is my other big love - drum n bass.

I like listening to a lot of Indie music on youtube myself, plus video game and movie soundtracks. :)