Page 1 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2022, 5:42 pm

I love shower thoughts. They're not literally thoughts you just have in the shower, they just mean illogical facts that you sort of already knew but you've just never thought of it, or they can contradict themselves. It then gets you thinking.

I'll put a few of my own here:

Saying people are not going out to high street shops any more because the majority of us have the internet at home is like saying people are not going to restaurants any more because the majority of us have a stove at home.

The covid pandemic would have been a lot easier to handle if every case was bad.

A dinosaur most probably done a huge poop right where your house is.

There are more dead people than living people.

Minuteman
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Dec 2022, 5:52 pm

I get that too, usually when my mind isn't engaged in anything else. That's why I have a hard time sleeping sometimes -- my mind gets preoccupied with random thoughts.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2022, 6:09 pm

Quote:
Shower Thoughts

I have literal shower thoughts. I actually come up with great ideas in the shower. As showering is a very positive activity thoughts also tend to stay positive.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2022, 6:21 pm

Was wondering why I could see so well in the dark. The I remembered that I had my head torch on.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2022, 1:17 am

Whenever a dentist is about to fill a cavity they've given me an injection so I won't feel pain from the drill, but they don't give me anything so I won't feel pain from the injection.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2022, 1:39 am

^ For me they usually numb the gum using a Q-tip first before the injection.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2022, 4:17 am

I like your thoughts lol. It's got me thinking now.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2022, 10:50 pm

r00tb33r wrote:

Yeah they do that for me too, but it still feels like an ice pick that's been sitting in the freezer is stabbing every nerve in my cheek and sometimes I get a muscle spasm in my jaw, I hate it so much. :(

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2022, 12:09 pm

A diary is something you keep your most private thoughts in and get really peeved if anyone else reads it, but a blog is something you show your most private thoughts to the whole world and get peeved if nobody reads it.

You never actually "bite down" on something. You really "bite up" on something because only your jawbone can move.

If Buzz Lightyear was in denial about being a toy in Toy Story 1, why did he still not move or talk whenever he was around humans?

if Shrek was about how you shouldn't judge people by their superficial appearance, why did the protagonists and the movie in general poke fun at Lord Farquad because he was short?

If sunlight can kill vampires, how can they not be harmed when there's a full moon out since it's really just reflecting light from the sun? Maybe the moon to vampires is like the sun to regular people, and they have to wear moonscreen and moonglasses. :lol:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2022, 1:48 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I love shower thoughts. They're not literally thoughts you just have in the shower, they just mean illogical facts that you sort of already knew but you've just never thought of it, or they can contradict themselves. It then gets you thinking.

I'll put a few of my own here:

Saying people are not going out to high street shops any more because the majority of us have the internet at home is like saying people are not going to restaurants any more because the majority of us have a stove at home.

The covid pandemic would have been a lot easier to handle if every case was bad.

A dinosaur most probably done a huge poop right where your house is.

There are more dead people than living people.

Shopping malls are in trouble in the US. So I am not sure about that thought.

Probably true. Covid is a bit of a 'stealth disease'.

Absolutely. And thats why the farm we used to own in Kansas had oil pumps in the backyard.

Absolutely. A Victorian euphemism for 'dying' was 'to join the great majority'. Hower ...as our population grows exponentially the ratio between the living and dead changes. Humans have been around for a million years, but by some estimates one out of 20-30 humans who have ever lived are alive today.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2022, 3:59 pm

r00tb33r wrote:

I don't think I ever heard of anyone getting a Q-tip numbing before an injection in the UK. I wish I had those.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2022, 12:44 pm

I heard that when your stomach aches it can be because it's empty, and you'll feel better after you put something in it. That must also be why people get so many headaches.

Parents love to tell kids they're the reason the parent's hair is turning grey and falling out. So imagine the grief those same parents gave to their kid's grandparents who are now completely grey and bald!

We live in a world where lemonade is made from artificial ingredients but furniture polish is made from real lemons.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2022, 11:17 am

I have shower thoughts about what I'm going to paint next, or the price of food, or stuff on Amazon that I'd like to buy.

Readydaer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2022, 1:12 pm

here's mine: There's no such thing as aliens or otherwise nonhuman characters, when written in fiction. This is because they are all written by humans and thus no matter how many inhuman traits they have, they are, at their core, somewhat human

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

19 Dec 2022, 7:37 pm

Are zebras white with black stripes or black with white stripes, or have they decended from horses who escaped prison :chin:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2022, 7:46 pm

In the US, Amazon has severely impacted the "box store" market.