Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

playgroundlover22695
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Dec 2022, 8:19 pm

I didn't want to start a new topic, but here's an update:
I tried to offer my friend a few Christmas presents yesterday which I had spent a lot of time carefully picking out for her based on what I know she likes. She declined, saying please give the gifts to someone else. She didn't want to be rude because I'm nice, but if I forced them on her, she was going to throw them out in front of me. Today, she was acting nice towards me, but also a little weird still. I told her to have a beautiful night on facebook and to call me this week (our vacation week) if she has any time to chat. I just found out that she blocked me on Facebook. I'm really hurt by this because I don't know why she's being so mean to me. If I didn't have to see her again, I'd say good riddance, but I will be seeing her every day at school after the New Year begins. Maybe I should encourage her to change schools so that it doesn't feel painfully awkward to see her everyday. What bothers me the most is that I can't even wish her and her family a merry Christmas. I mean, I still have her phone number, but I don't think she'd answer, if it even is the same phone number. I'm not sure how to feel, but right now I feel sort of numb inside.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2022, 9:55 pm

Sad to read that she's turned sour again. People who blow hot and cold like that can be a bad strain on anybody who takes them seriously. It sounds like you're getting rather fed up of her inconsistency. I've no idea what's going on in her head of course, and for all I know she could be the relatively blameless victim of appalling experiences, but if she's incapable of being reasonably consistent about treating you with kindness and respect, it would seem you'd be onto a hiding for nothing if you allowed yourself to be dependent on her behaving like a friend to you. Awful situation.

playgroundlover22695
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Dec 2022, 10:25 pm

ToughDiamond wrote:
Sad to read that she's turned sour again. People who blow hot and cold like that can be a bad strain on anybody who takes them seriously. It sounds like you're getting rather fed up of her inconsistency. I've no idea what's going on in her head of course, and for all I know she could be the relatively blameless victim of appalling experiences, but if she's incapable of being reasonably consistent about treating you with kindness and respect, it would seem you'd be onto a hiding for nothing if you allowed yourself to be dependent on her behaving like a friend to you. Awful situation.

Thanks for the input. It's just really hard because it seems like every time I get really close to someone, they abandon me. I was good friends with this woman for almost 5 years. I just can't believe she's allowing her family to turn her against me and that she's willing to just throw away our friendship because she thinks I'm too clingy. Excuse me for showing concern about her wellbeing. Excuse me if I don't want her to die. I know a lot of the things she said to me last week were bringing me to my breaking point, but I've recently decided that she's not worth my life. Nobody is. I just have to stay strong and learn how to live solo for the rest of my life because when my family dies, I will have nobody and I'm starting to think that's the way it's meant to be.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2022, 12:45 pm

It’s obvious she’s using you.

It’s better not to be so hung up on other people. As for myself, I wouldn’t want someone to be in my life always, and to care about every little thing about me. I would find that suffocating.

playgroundlover22695
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Dec 2022, 4:59 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
It’s obvious she’s using you.

It’s better not to be so hung up on other people. As for myself, I wouldn’t want someone to be in my life always, and to care about every little thing about me. I would find that suffocating.

That's exactly how my friend put it. She said that she feels suffocated. I told her that I don't want her to feel suffocated, but I just want to make sure she's okay. I don't feel happy about the fact that she blocked me as I have been writing to her less. I did tell her that we don't have to chat for a long time, but I at least want to wish her a good morning each day, even if she doesn't answer. I want my friend to know that she's never alone in this world, even when she's stressed and feeling overwhelmed.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2023, 9:37 am

I read your post from a few months ago but wow, she sounds like she comes from a family that picks other people apart. It also sounds like she's been avoiding you because she's putting a distance between you and her because of her own biases.

It might be best to ask her if she is still interested in being your friend anymore and if not, why?