Does Anyone Else Have No Sense of the Passage of Time?

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2022, 4:58 pm

My concept of time very much leaves things to be desired. I never know what day it is and I often forget what year it is, my phone and laptop are my saving graces here. I need a clock to know what time it is. I could be doing something and not know if it was ten minutes that have passed or ten hours. It's like I live in some space outside of time or never figured out how to properly sync with that stuff. I have to set alarms for everything, and I live in low key terror of missing things (appointments, birthdays, due dates for bills, so on).

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2022, 7:48 am

I think I'm quite good at remembering time. I write autobiographies about my life between age 10 and 20 and I can remember when stuff happened. In fact it's a talent of mine I think.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2022, 8:53 am

^It would be interesting to read what you wrote.

Urselius
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Feb 2023, 4:53 am

I learned to tell the time very late. It was a result of my slippery hold on time. I tell the time visually, from the clock/watch face and I cannot translate my visual knowledge of 'what o'clock it is' into speech easily. If any one asks me on the street what time it is, I just pretend I don't have a watch.

I was rather puzzled by the 'routines' aspect of autism diagnosis when I was being assessed, as I do not have enough grasp of time for routines to be meaningful for me. I like things to be predictable and not to change unexpectedly, but really could not care less about exactly when things happen.