Does Anyone Else Have Problems With Their Feet?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

usagibryan
Toucan
Toucan

13 Dec 2022, 7:40 am

Please tell me if I'm posting too much.

I deal with a lot of foot pain and sometimes I have to go to foot and ankle centers but all I'm doing is walking. I recently bought medical soles from them and bought new shoes and it helped for a while but I'm starting to have issues again, either tingling in my big toe or plantar fasciitis.

I'm starting to wonder if I have an unusual gait, which I read can be a symptom of autism. I DO toe walk sometimes at home if I'm barefoot on a hard floor and didn't recently sweep, but that's all I can think of.

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2022, 9:59 am

There is no such thing as ''posting too much'' here. I encourage you or anyone here to post more because it makes the site more active with fresh new content every day. :)

When I was 12 I twisted my right ankle a couple of times, and ever since then I have been walking on the inside of my right foot to avoid it happening again. Now my foot has moulded itself to always walk that way otherwise if I walk on it flatly I will twist it again. Thankfully it doesn't really notice when I walk but I know I will suffer for it later on in life.

Otherwise, my feet are OK.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2022, 10:27 am

Bone spurs in my right foot.

They can lead to an asymmetric walking gait that sometimes annoys the ankles and knees.

I don't walk on my toes but I do land the front of the feet first...I find it is much quieter.

timf
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2022, 7:25 am

Mid 30's might be a time to experiment with arch support inserts for your shoes.