Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2022, 7:15 am

For the last year or so I've been feeling so easily hot. Even during this cold weather I'm going around in a t-shirt and I have a fan blowing sometimes. My boyfriend is always cold so he puts the heating on and it panics me because I'm always so hot. Even at work it doesn't take me much to get hot. I used to be always cold.

I also have other symptoms of menopause such as lack of sleep, overactive bladder, extreme emotions and difficulty concentrating.
My mum started menopause at age 52.

Please don't say diabetes though as I've been tested for that. But I don't want to start losing my female hormones yet. Why me? :cry:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2022, 7:30 am

I doubt it very much. Especially if you’re having regular or semi-regular periods.

I would see a doctor about your symptoms, though.

Perhaps they are anxiety-induced?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2022, 10:54 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I doubt it very much. Especially if you’re having regular or semi-regular periods.

I would see a doctor about your symptoms, though.

Perhaps they are anxiety-induced?

I can't see a doctor - the surgery is full of Strep A patients at the moment.

I'm stressed at work at the moment. Also I looked up overactive thyroid and I seem to have symptoms of that.

I hope that's what it is. I don't want to start menopause at my age.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2022, 11:19 am

Make an appointment. Put your name on the waiting list.

If it's an overactive thyroid, you want to take care of that.

Goldilocks
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Dec 2022, 4:37 pm

Could be perimenopause or long covid.

Could also just be a change in your hormones.

If it is menopausal a blood test would be able to sort it out.

Hope this helps xx

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2022, 8:47 pm

Actually I don't think it is an overactive thyroid now. But I'm scared it's an autoimmune disease or something. If I got that, I think I would commit suicide, because life will not be worth living any more. You basically have to live in a bubble with that because you're vulnerable to every germ and virus out there. Ask Isabellalinton about her daughter.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2022, 6:06 am

I think I know what it is now. Last month I was all behind on my contraceptive pills because they wouldn't give me any more until I had a blood pressure check at the doctors, and it took me a while to get an appointment. During that time I had run out of pills and had to go 2 weeks without taking them. So it messed my menstrual cycle up but I'm all back to normal now.

This week I've not been getting so hot so easily, and I'm sleeping better too. Do you think it could have just been due to hormones going a bit haywire because of being interrupted on taking the contraceptives?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2022, 7:14 am

Could be :)

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2022, 10:06 am

Joe90 wrote:
I think I know what it is now. Last month I was all behind on my contraceptive pills because they wouldn't give me any more until I had a blood pressure check at the doctors, and it took me a while to get an appointment. During that time I had run out of pills and had to go 2 weeks without taking them. So it messed my menstrual cycle up but I'm all back to normal now.

This week I've not been getting so hot so easily, and I'm sleeping better too. Do you think it could have just been due to hormones going a bit haywire because of being interrupted on taking the contraceptives?

That could be it, yeah. It's not uncommon to get some kind of symptoms when quitting/taking a break from pills for a while, or so I've heard.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2022, 10:56 am

That sounds right.I bet it’s the pills.
When I had menopause my hot flashes were only at night.They didn’t bother me because it was winter and they kept me warm.Like I was my own space heater.
It’s not as bad as people think.I’m actually glad because I was so tired of periods.Was in my mid fifties.I feel better now without the hormones coursing around causing mayhem.

Maeko
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2023, 7:46 pm

I feel like my ovaries died sometimes. My face is aging fast in 30's since moving out now.