Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Canadian Freedom Lover
Raven
Raven

16 Dec 2022, 3:20 am

Hello all,

I just wanted to pop on here briefly to announce my presents and tell everyone a little about myself.

I have been reading forum posts on WP for about 3 years now and figured I should give writing a shot.

I am a 26 year old man with Aspergers, I was diagnosed as a toddler and have been aware of my diagnosis since I was about 8.

I am currently working as a landscaper although I find it very hard on my brain as it strains my executive functioning skills. I am hoping to find work that I am naturally good at but that has not happened yet lol.

I am passionate about cars and anything automotive related, I briefly worked in the automotive industry at both a dealership and a small repair shop working as a apprentice mechanic for 2 years. I also had a classic car a 1985 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme for a few years that I maintained and drove.

I am also single so you might see me pop onto the dating section sometime.

Okay well that's about all I have to say, talk to you all later.

Cheers,

Canadian Freedom Lover

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2022, 4:46 am

Hello.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2022, 10:02 am

Welcome to WP! I hope you enjoy more than just browsing here.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2022, 11:59 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet. When I was young, I had a nice car. I bought if off a friend of mine when it was a year old. It was a 1970 hemi cuda. One of the fastest cars ever made for street driving. I didn't know how to drive a stick shift at the time. This was the car that I learned how. It was like driving a rocket ship.

Canadian Freedom Lover
Raven
Raven

16 Dec 2022, 4:47 pm

jimmy m wrote:
Welcome to Wrong Planet. When I was young, I had a nice car. I bought if off a friend of mine when it was a year old. It was a 1970 hemi cuda. One of the fastest cars ever made for street driving. I didn't know how to drive a stick shift at the time. This was the car that I learned how. It was like driving a rocket ship.

Those Hemi Cuda's are worth a lot nowadays a original or well restored models often go for hundreds of thousands of dollars at auction. I figure a fair amount were street raced and subsequently crashed over the years, probably one of the reasons they are so rare today other than the fact less Hemi Cuda's were made than their respective 440 and 360 brethren.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2022, 6:58 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2022, 12:41 pm

Canadian Freedom Lover wrote:
jimmy m wrote:

Those Hemi Cuda's are worth a lot nowadays a original or well restored models often go for hundreds of thousands of dollars at auction. I figure a fair amount were street raced and subsequently crashed over the years, probably one of the reasons they are so rare today other than the fact less Hemi Cuda's were made than their respective 440 and 360 brethren.

A few years after I bought the car, I married and my wife said it was either her or the car. One had to go. So I sold the car and kept the girl. In the long run, I probably made the right decision.

But it was such a unique car. The manufacturers did not really produce the car to sell. It was produced to race. They had to build a very small number of cars to be categorized as street legal. As a result only a very limited production was ever made. That is why only a few were made and only a few came into existence.

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2022, 6:16 pm

welcome neighbor ( From Michigan USA here)

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson