16 Dec 2022, 1:21 pm

What did you think of the DLC? :skull:

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2022, 8:54 pm

PeterHoping44 wrote:
What did you think of the DLC? :skull:

DLC was alright but overall personally Village is the worst resident evil game I have ever played and that’s coming from a die hard fan of the series.

PeterHoping44
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2022, 8:21 pm

Yeah. I certainly agree with your opinion.

I felt as if they were trying to copy RE4, since a lot of the story in that game is basically about you being stuck in a village. Then you go to a lake and a castle, then a factory. The main boss is also a cult leader in both games. Then there's also the added feature of you selling things to a merchant, which is done in order to get new guns and other vital supplies.

Personally, I've never been all that keen on that idea. The whole point of "survival horror" is that you have to make everything you discover count. So being able to buy upgrades and have gimmicky features to make the job easier, is something that reaks of irrelevancy in a horror type adventure. It's like you're James Bond, or John Rambo. You don't really have to worry about conserving your ammo in that case.

It's like they just recycled all of these ideas, but the main protagonist has his face hidden out of sight. It's just a stupid idea. You play other characters from time to time, yet they're clearly seen in the movie like parts. Just never Ethan Winters.

Not only that, the new DLC was as if you were lost in
a mansion located in Silent Hill. And I mean, the RE games were supposed to be about viruses and whatnot. Not the supernatural. But there is actually a reason for this environment. It's like you're in the mind of someone, so it's not real.

In the town of Silent Hill, you may remember that you could be pursued by mannequins. So they basically ripped that off too. But it's a regular thing today, with people just lacking creativity, so they copy stuff from other games and movies, and this is why I lost respect for Capcom.

Their famous yellow logo used to mean you knew quality gaming was there, like a golden promise of sorts. Not any more, though. But I think it's mainly because Shinji Mikami and other people decided to move on, so these idiots at Capcom took over at the helm.

Their writing skills are so subpar as well, that it's not even funny as to how stupid the storylines ended up once Shinji was out of office.

I am known as "thesaunderschild" in the RE community, but I more or less declared recently that my time as a fan is almost certainly over. Like, it's not over, as in it's over to the point where I won't play any of their future games, to judge them. But it's just not an important enough topic to me anymore.

:!:

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2022, 9:25 pm

This is one of those Resident Evils i told myself i would never touch. Everything about it sounded stupid including all the internet hype about the voluptuous vampire villain Lady Whatshername (I wont even bother to google her name right now).

PeterHoping44
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2022, 2:55 am

Lady Dimitrescu. Her first name is Alcina.

She just walks around like Mr. X and Nemesis.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2022, 7:20 am

I have a really bad feeling that the resident evil 4 remake will not be as good as the original.

We will have to wait until March to see.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2022, 8:27 am

Jamesy wrote:
I have a really bad feeling that the resident evil 4 remake will not be as good as the original.

We will have to wait until March to see.

I hope it'll turn out decent the way the remakes of Resident Evil 2 and 3 did. Even though the RE3 remake had some flaws I felt it was a pretty good game.

I heard that that when they ported the original Resident Evil 4 to the VR headset they censored a lot of content for basically the sake of appeasing the woke crowd. I hope that the RE4 remake isn't going to be like that.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2022, 8:28 am

PeterHoping44 wrote:
Lady Dimitrescu. Her first name is Alcina.

She just walks around like Mr. X and Nemesis.

Ah, ok. Honestly I just never thought of her as interesting and I felt she was way too overhyped. :shrug:

PeterHoping44
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2022, 4:12 pm

This is a matter of opinion, but do you like forums such as GameSpot or GameFAQs? I don't.

If you talk about how RE has lost the charm it once had, they think you're an old fogey who complains for the hell of it, even though you're an old fogey coping up with the changes the series keeps undergoing.

LOL.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2022, 9:07 pm

PeterHoping44 wrote:
This is a matter of opinion, but do you like forums such as GameSpot or GameFAQs? I don't.

If you talk about how RE has lost the charm it once had, they think you're an old fogey who complains for the hell of it, even though you're an old fogey coping up with the changes the series keeps undergoing.

LOL.

I used to visit those forums many years ago as a teenager when I first got the internet for my house. I pretty much quit having anything to do with the Resident Evil community after Resident Evil 5 because I got tired of all the toxic BS from the fandumb.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2022, 11:23 pm

Didn't Resident Evil Village get mostly positive reviews from critics? This thread seems fairly negative. I have it in my collection but have yet to play it.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2022, 12:40 am

I judge games and movies based on own opinion, not what the critics say. :P

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2022, 12:47 am

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
I judge games and movies based on own opinion, not what the critics say. :P

Haha, that is a good point. The critics aren't always right.

PeterHoping44
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2022, 3:38 am

I thought it was dumb. :oops:

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2022, 7:03 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
Didn't Resident Evil Village get mostly positive reviews from critics? This thread seems fairly negative. I have it in my collection but have yet to play it.

Yes it did.

Heavens knows why though

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2022, 11:02 pm

Jamesy wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

Yes it did.

Heavens knows why though

Probably some money involved. A backhanded payment in trade for a good review, perhaps?