Mass shooting near Chicago High School

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2022, 7:45 pm

4 teens shot, 2 killed, outside school in Pilsen, fire officials say

Quote:
Four teens shot, two killed, in a shooting near a Chicago high school on the Southwest Side Friday.

Chicago fire officials said the four teens were shot near Benito Juarez High School in the 2100-block of Laflin Street in the Pilsen neighborhood around 2:30 p.m.

The shooting happened just as classes were being let out and students were coming outside.

That's when witnesses say they heard multiple shots fired.

A 16-year-old male was pronounced dead on at the scene. Another 16-year-old male was taken to Stroger hospital in critical condition. A third 16-year-old male and a16-year-old female were also taken to Stroger hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

Police did no say which of the three other victims succumbed to their wounds.

Fire officials said the shooting happened outside the school and one of the victims ran inside during the incident.

The school immediately went on lockdown, and students were rushed back inside for hours as police investigated.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman