Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2022, 3:42 pm

If there is one thing I regret, it's not getting Duke Nukem 1 & 2 when they were still on Steam. These games are gone thanks some rights issue between 3D Realms and Gearbox. At least I got Manhattan Project and Duke 3D: Megaton.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

themizarkshow
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Dec 2022, 11:37 pm

Wow, I didn't know they got pulled from GOG too... they're usually pretty good about keeping things up even as legal teams get involved. Maybe they'll come back in the future?

I know there are a bunch of WiiWare games I'd love to have put on other platforms.

And hoping that PixelJunk exclusive for Stadia can make the jump to something else (like Luna, GeForce Now, xCloud) before everything shuts down in January 2023.

- Late-Dx Autie in Milwaukee
- Interests include: twisty puzzles, videogames, zines, & typewriters
- My main Mastodon account
- My most active NeoCities page (hooray for the old web)

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2023, 12:11 am

Another game I can't get is Goodbye Deponia on the PlayStation store. This one was delisted due to a scenario where Rufus tricks an interracial couple into splitting apart. The guy is forced into working at a burrito stand while the girl, who is black, is forced to work as a dancing monkey with full cleavage exposed. It's a moment that makes you smirk while thinking "God, this is so wrong."

Keep in mind, Rufus is a protagonist with a liberal attitude of treating everyone equally like crap.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2023, 4:49 pm

Grid and Dirt got taken off of GoG due to licensing expiring. I bought Grid but I didn't get Dirt and I still regret it.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2023, 5:22 pm

...gonna be a whole lot of delisted 3DS and WiiU games in a couple of weeks... :cry:

Aspiegaming wrote:
If there is one thing I regret, it's not getting Duke Nukem 1 & 2 when they were still on Steam. These games are gone thanks some rights issue between 3D Realms and Gearbox. At least I got Manhattan Project and Duke 3D: Megaton.

I think they're on a different platform now. "Zoom" I think it's called?

arekks
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Mar 2023, 9:24 am

Aspiegaming wrote:
Another game I can't get is Goodbye Deponia on the PlayStation store. This one was delisted due to a scenario where Rufus tricks an interracial couple into splitting apart. The guy is forced into working at a burrito stand while the girl, who is black, is forced to work as a dancing monkey with full cleavage exposed. It's a moment that makes you smirk while thinking "God, this is so wrong."

Keep in mind, Rufus is a protagonist with a liberal attitude of treating everyone equally like crap.

This is funny because I'm pretty sure everyone on Earth with a Steam account has at least one or two of these games (if not all three) that they got in a bundle at some point and will never play, but on Playstation you literally cannot buy what I'm guessing is the last one?

That sounds way more edgy than I imagined that series to be though lol

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2023, 5:16 pm

Time to bump this up, because I found out that the Unreal series has been delisted from Steam. I have the two original games. I feel bad for those who enjoyed the multiplayer Tournament games though. The servers are going to be shut down as well.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2023, 7:36 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
The servers are going to be shut down as well.

I didn't know Epic was still running servers.
AFAIK, there's nothing preventing you from joining someone else's server, or starting your own.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2023, 7:42 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Aspiegaming wrote:
The servers are going to be shut down as well.

I didn't know Epic was still running servers.
AFAIK, there's nothing preventing you from joining someone else's server, or starting your own.

I think Epic is shutting down servers for all of their older games.