Does being single long-term indicate little effort ?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2022, 6:05 pm

I don't always seem to enjoy it especially during holiday seasons when its a time when family and friends get together and I feel like the only one being single since being a teenager, seems as though it indicates that little effort has been made to find and meet new people or that there is something ''wrong'' with me and that I feel like I have wasted my time because I've never been one of those types of people who had lots of close male and female friends to occasionally go out with from school, college or uni and meet up at a pub, a club, a live music event or somewhere in our own leisure time where there was a potential to meet someone new.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2022, 6:55 pm

I know what you mean. Holidays are stressful for me, too.

Being single does not mean "lack of effort."

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2022, 10:43 pm

Sometimes being single can indicate a lack of effort, but it can also indicate problems with attracting a mate. It really depends on the person.

We all have strengths and weaknesses in life and yes this certainly applies to dating too. Some people can find partners rather easily while for others, they couldn't find someone even if their life depended upon it.

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2022, 1:44 am

As much as I want to find my true love and have a beautiful wedding, it is easier to stay single because you don't have to actually put out any effort to meet people and as a bonus no arguments with a partner

There are pros and cons to both

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2022, 1:54 am

chris1989 wrote:
Does being single long-term indicate little effort?
Perhaps.  Equally likely is a lot of misplaced effort, like hitting on another man's wife or girlfriend, or looking for the "right" girl in all the wrong places.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2022, 10:28 pm

I don't know if it indicates a lack of effort. You either happen to meet someone as you live your life or you don't. Me, I've never had a relationship because I've never met a single woman I was interested in who was likewise interested in me. Everyone I meeto who I find interesting is already in a relationship. My interests and hobbies don't help here so there's not much I can do. Some people will suggest something like taking a dance class. Yes, that may help, but I have no interest in dancing so I'm not inclined to do something like that.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

23 Dec 2022, 5:20 pm

Fnord wrote:
chris1989 wrote:
Does being single long-term indicate little effort?
Perhaps.  Equally likely is a lot of misplaced effort, like hitting on another man's wife or girlfriend, or looking for the "right" girl in all the wrong places.
I would agree. The typical dating thing & typical dating advice will not work for everyone. Sometimes people need to be willing to consider outside the box ideas. Also sometimes people have the odds majorly stacked against them for various reasons through no fault of their own & getting a relationship may be extremely unlikely no matter what they do or don't do. Just because society may think there is something wrong with a single person does NOT automatically mean that the person is flawed. Society might be flawed & extremely judgemental.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition