Other single people doesn't seem to reassure me

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2022, 7:02 pm

I do know obviously that I'm not alone in the entire country and other people have told me this as well but I still can't help myself from thinking that I AM the only one. I've seen videos of some people telling their stories about why they are still single and talk of ways to cope when they are single. I do seem to think though that those people did have some past experience of being in a relationship unlike me. I have been told before to stop ''assuming'' or ''presuming'' things about other people as I don't know what their entire lives are like but again it is something that a part of my brain keeps telling me when I know that it is not entirely true.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2022, 7:09 pm

Many people are single, and have little-to-no "relationship experience." You would be surprised as to how many.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2022, 7:32 pm

You sound like you have depression. Most people with depression do typically feel they are alone as in the only person in the world who doesn't do XYZ even though rationally it isn't true.
When I have my depressive moments I feel totally alone, like I'm trapped all alone in a dark place where everything is dead and there's nothing but darkness and thick fog and dead trees and wasteland and there's no way out. I feel like the only person in the whole world who is there while everyone else is in a lovely, happy, colourful, noisy, beautiful, lively place.

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2022, 7:37 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Many people are single, and have little-to-no "relationship experience." You would be surprised as to how many.

I probably would be surprised but because I can't see that it still frustrates me because I think we all wear a mask when we are around other people we don't know and people can't tell whether that other person next to them has a great life and has a great relationship and we just end up guessing because it would be socially awkward and inappropriate to ask some random person you don't know what their love-life is like.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2022, 7:39 pm

You're right....it sure would be awkward :)

In truth, most people "put on a mask"----they don't reveal the troubles within themselves.