Newly Elected Republican Lied about his entire life

Page 4 of 8 [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2023, 8:31 pm

Saw a news clip that local constituents are following him around posting pics with the hashtag #wheresgeorge to draw attention to him and make his life miserable until he resigns. :lol:

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2023, 9:41 pm

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2023, 9:42 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Saw a news clip that local constituents are following him around posting pics with the hashtag #wheresgeorge to draw attention to him and make his life miserable until he resigns. :lol:

Hasn't worked with Kevin De Leon yet

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2023, 1:43 am

According to this article he's gone by at least three different names: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 62067.html

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2023, 4:44 am

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2023, 6:06 pm

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2023, 6:23 pm

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/santos-to-be-removed-from-u-s-congress-if-he-broke-campaign-finance-laws-comer/ar-AA16n9NA?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2023, 6:24 pm

goldfish21 wrote:

You mean it wasn't Chuck Norris?!?!?!

Mind...blown...

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2023, 6:12 pm

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2023, 7:45 pm

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2023, 7:51 pm

George Santos Had Shady Business Relationship With Russian Money Man

Quote:
Rep. George Santos (R-NY) long claimed a former Donald Trump associate—and cash handler for a notorious Russian oligarch—was just a businessman who donated to his campaign. But, as with most things involving Santos, things were not what they seemed.

Santos’ relationship with Andrew Intrater, a businessman who donated thousands of dollars to Santos’ campaign committee and those linked to him, now appears to have extended to his work with Harbor City Capital, an investment firm federal investigators labeled a Ponzi scheme. Far from jut a guy who donated to Santos' campaign, Intrater also had a substantial business relationship with Santos, according to a court filing obtained by The Washington Post, putting hundreds of thousands of dollars into Harbor City Capital.

Santos even boasted about their relationship in a 2020 meeting to discuss funding for a residential building in New York. At the time, Intrater ran the investment firm Columbus Nova, whose main client was Intrater’s cousin: sanctioned Russian oligarch Viktor Vekselberg, as The Daily Beast first reported.

“You might know who they are,” Santos said in a company meeting, according to audio obtained by The Washington Post. “They’ve made the news on several occasions. They were heavily involved with the Russia probe. Unjustified.”

There is not yet a direct financial or personal link between Santos and Vekselberg, who was sanctioned in 2018 for his ties to Vladimir Putin. Last year, the U.S. ordered the seizure of Vekselberg’s $90 million yacht in the wake of the war in Ukraine. But the closeness between Vekselberg and his cousin indicates Santos seemed to deem dealing with scrutinized figures as permissible.

NY Republican calls for DOJ, FEC to freeze Santos campaign funds
Quote:
Rep. Nick LaLota is calling on the Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Elections Commission (FEC) to freeze fellow New York Republican Rep. George Santos’s campaign accounts amid escalating scrutiny of the new lawmaker’s false claims before and during his successful House bid last year.

“To the extent there is actually any real money in the campaign account of Congressman George Santos, the funds should be immediately frozen by the United States Department of Justice or Federal Election Commission,” reads LaLota’s statement, which he posted on Twitter on Sunday. “If those federal agencies need more authority to do so, I’ll take the lead.”
LaLota, along with six other House Republicans, has called on Santos to resign over his falsehoods. LaLota also called for the House Ethics Committee to launch an investigation into Santos last month.

“Congressman Santos fraudulently solicited these funds and Santos shouldn’t be allowed to drain his campaign account while multiple authorities investigate the very fraud that induced these contributions,” LaLota said in the statement.

“After Congressman Santos receives the proper Due Process — such as a House Ethics investigation or criminal proceedings or both — the funds should be returned to the contributors he duped,” he added. “The DOJ or FEC must act now to ensure there is something to actually return to the victims of Santos’ financial scam.”

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2023, 7:58 pm

^shocking! :lol:

Mebe he’ll get taken out for campaign finance violations.

Mebe he’s a massive cocaine user - would explain the confidence he has to pull all this s**t and believe he won’t be caught or face consequences.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2023, 9:39 pm

George Santos gets two committee assignments

Quote:
The House GOP Steering Committee on Tuesday recommended that embattled Rep. George Santos (R-N.Y.) sit on the House Small Business Committee and House Science, Space and Technology Committee, according to sources familiar with the assignments.

The recommendation from the House GOP Steering Committee, a panel of around 30 members of House leadership and elected regional representatives, will have to be approved by the full House Republican Conference. The conference typically approves the steering panel’s recommendation.

Rep. Roger Williams (R-Texas) is the newly-assigned chairman of the Small Business Committee, which has jurisdiction over the Small Business Administration and implemented the Paycheck Protection Program loan program authorized in response to COVID-19.
“I don’t condone what he said, what he’s done. I don’t think anybody does. But that’s not my role. He was elected. He represents a million people,” Williams said of Santos on Tuesday, CNN reported.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2023, 10:34 pm

George Santos’ latest doozy: Records show his mom wasn’t in NYC on 9/11

Quote:
Newly obtained documents from the U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services show that U.S. Rep. George Santos’ mother, Fatima A.C.H. Devolder, was not in the World Trade Center during the terrorist attacks on 9/11, as he has claimed.

The Forward reviewed more than 90 pages of Santos’ mother’s immigration paperwork, from 1988 to 2012. The records confirm previous news reports that the congressman lied about key aspects of his family history, and reveal new details about his story. The idea that his mother survived the 9/11 attacks is one of several instances in which Santos has falsely claimed connections to tragic events.

While Santos has admitted to embellishing his resume and not being Jewish, he still maintains many outright falsehoods, including that his mother was in the World Trade Center on 9/11 and that the “ash cloud” caused her death 15 years later, in 2016.

“George’s mother was in her office in the South Tower on September 11, 2001, when the horrific events of that day unfolded,” his campaign website states. “She survived the tragic events on September 11th, but she passed away a few years later when she lost her battle to cancer.” Previously, the site’s “About George” section had also described George’s mother, Fatima A.C.H. Devolder, as a financial executive.

An extract from Fatima A.C.H. Devolder’s paperwork. Courtesy of U.S. Citizen and Immigration Service
But immigration records dating back to the 1980s paint a different picture. Devolder came to the United States in 1985 at the age of 21, they show. Two decades later, she wrote on a form that she spoke “little English.”

The records show that she wasn’t a bean counter, but a bean picker. As a young woman with a ninth grade education, she came to the United States on a Seasonal Agricultural Workers visa and worked on a South Florida bean and squash farm for $2.50 an hour. Later, she moved to New York and worked as a home aide and housekeeper.

The documents were released to a researcher named Alex Calzareth who requested them under the Freedom of Information Act, and shared with the Forward. They also place Devolder in the Rio de Janeiro suburb of Niterói on Sept. 11, 2001.

Santos has s**t on the memories of Holocaust victims, Pulse terrorist attack victims, and 9/11 victims.

Laeril
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Jan 2023, 11:01 pm

I'm of the opinion that most politicians are lying to some degree in order to keep their cushy jobs. Usually on the campaign promises and where their money comes from. But fabricating your entire life story to get elected? I think he might actually be overqualified for politics.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2023, 1:46 pm

How low can you go.Ripping off a Vet that was raising money for his dying service dog.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/other/ ... r-AA16v0ld