Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Readydaer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2022, 12:51 pm

Hello, I am Readydaer. Most people don't notice that the name is a palindrome. I've lurked on WP for a few months every now and then. I'm a girl and use she/her pronouns and am queer (my tastes are too complex for a label I'm comfortable with I think) I'm not diagnosed yet, however both my psychologist and psychiatrist find it useful to get me screened and am on the waiting list. I suppose I am what the masses would call high-functioning, though I'm aware that's not really a thing.

My special interests include video games (specifically the Touhou Project and Xenoblade series, but generally everything gamey except first-person-shooters), music, writing, Transformers, theoretical science like speculative biology, string theory, multiverses, etc, and philosophy. I'm in the process of writing my own sci-fi metafiction book which is around 100k words right now and I'm aiming for 120k. I might post it here when I'm finished.

I'd always felt weird and nobody really liked me and I never understood why. Obviously some of that was probably due to being born in the wrong body, but still, I was (and am) what people call selfish and some concepts and things simply don't click for me. In fact, before I knew that autism was a spectrum and some handled certain things worse than others, I used to somewhat pity and internally laugh at those special needs kids. Quite the irony.

I tend to speak in a slightly old-fashioned way which sometimes elicits comments, but it's just the most effective word choice for me. the most recent example was calling an error 'flagrant.' I'm also painfully forgetful with daily things and often have to write things down, however I can still remember a lot of individual Beyblade names when that SI faded like a year ago -_-. This sometimes gets me into trouble in daily life, because how can I forget simple household chores and duties frequently but never forget to play videogames?!- which makes me sad. Additional miscellaneous info: I hold an immense dislike for abrahamic religions and an immense love of communism, I have meltdowns/mental breakdowns eventually if my electronics are taken away for a sufficiently long period or if I don't think it's fair.

Something that bothers me is that I generally only care about myself. If a situation or event does not concern me, be it the suffering of a particular group in another country or my sister being punished, I simply don't care, and I don't know why. Maybe paradoxically, I feel great sympathy when I pass the homeless on the streets. Sometimes I want to care, but I just don't, and don't know how to. I have pretty low empathy, unless it's a very specific situation, like Edward Scissorhands being the perfect allegory for how I've always felt.

Anyways, I'm lonely and have few close friends and would love to chat here.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2022, 1:46 pm

Hello.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2022, 3:29 pm

Welcome to WP! I hope you continue to like it here.

But maybe check with the Moderators before posting a book here. There might be a concern about costs for computer storage. Maybe instead of posting the book just post an announcement?

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2022, 7:24 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2022, 1:44 am

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2022, 5:54 pm

You will make friends here, regardless if they are queer or not! :D

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2023, 5:36 am

welcome! this is a friendly place with lots of folks who have incredibly diverse interests and experiences So fascinating. Explore and ask questions at will, lots to see and do here!
Glad you are with us!

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2023, 12:30 pm

Mae Govannen! :)

Welcome to WP.

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2023, 3:15 pm

Readydaerm welcome to wrong planet and let me take your coat for you and get you a cup of coffee while, your making some friends here on WP.