Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2022, 12:11 pm

Is getting dark circles under eyes usually hereditary or can they be caused by something more serious?

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

21 Dec 2022, 1:15 pm

I've had dark circles under my eyes for as long as I can remember (certainly they were there when I was 8 ).

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2022, 1:27 pm

lots of things can cause dark circles...most of them are not serious. A lack of sleep, allergies, swelling, too many late nights out, etc. They can also be hereditary, and an early sign of aging.

tonilessard
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Jan 2023, 6:52 am

If you have dark circles that persist despite getting adequate sleep and hydration, it's a good idea to see a healthcare professional to rule out any underlying medical conditions. In some cases, a topical cream or procedure may be recommended to improve the appearance of dark circles. Not drinking enough water can cause the skin to appear dull and dehydrated, which can make dark circles more pronounced. Some supplements like Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Iron and Zinc, may help to improve the skin's health and reduce the appearance of dark circles.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2023, 8:14 am

tonilessard wrote:
If you have dark circles that persist despite getting adequate sleep and hydration, it's a good idea to see a healthcare professional to rule out any underlying medical conditions. In some cases, a topical cream or procedure may be recommended to improve the appearance of dark circles. Not drinking enough water can cause the skin to appear dull and dehydrated, which can make dark circles more pronounced. Some supplements like Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Iron and Zinc, may help to improve the skin's health and reduce the appearance of dark circles.

What medical conditions can cause dark circles?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2023, 9:09 am

It's probably not a big deal.

tonilessard
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Feb 2023, 3:04 am

Jamesy wrote:
tonilessard wrote:

Dark circles under the eyes can be caused by various medical conditions including fatigue, sleep deprivation, allergies, anemia, nasal congestion, genetic predisposition, skin aging, and hormonal changes.
I went to a cosmetologist and consulted about it. I have dark circles under my eyes due to thin skin and blood vessels very close to the skin's surface. It is the vessels that give a dark shade. To remove dark circles will come out only if you remove the vessels under the eyes. Although I used to think that if anemia is cured, the circles will pass. Cured anemia, but the circles remained :roll:

rain_bells
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 May 2023, 12:58 am

I’ve always had dark circles, I suspect it’s from both insomnia and possible Ehlers Danlos Syndrome. Some areas of skin on my body are translucent and I can easily see veins underneath. One of those areas for me are around my eyes, especially so on my upper eyelids. It makes me self-conscious sometimes so I use makeup to cover it up.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2023, 5:12 am

tonilessard wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
tonilessard wrote:

Dark circles under the eyes can be caused by various medical conditions including fatigue, sleep deprivation, allergies, anemia, nasal congestion, genetic predisposition, skin aging, and hormonal changes.

Funny enough, I have and dealing with at least 5 issues out of anything that is mentioned.

Lose more time here.

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2023, 5:57 pm

rain_bells wrote:
I’ve always had dark circles, I suspect it’s from both insomnia and possible Ehlers Danlos Syndrome.

Interesting ... I have HSD and dark circles, but never put those two things together. Mine seemed like they appeared literally overnight, though, and I suspect it was due to allergies or stress. But, I guess those of us with thinner skin are just more susceptible.