Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2022, 12:50 pm

auntblabby wrote:
i still think he will get away with it while he is alive. just like ken lay did.

I'm still sticking to my guns and saying No, he'll be held accountable and made an example of. The USA is a wee bit of a "F around and find out!!" sort of entity. They've carpet bombed countries back to the stone age for less. There is a Zero % chance that they take a "Meh, it's just trump being trump there's nothing we can do about it," sort of attitude towards trumps criming - especially the seditious/treasonous crimes. There's a Zero % chance that the US DOJ/courts leave things open for any subsequent potus to abuse like trumplestiltskin did. He's going to be nailed to the wall for it and made an example of like so many other criminals in America, for the deterrent value, ensuring every other politician that ever takes office in the USA knows that you don't get to just try to overthrow the US gov't and skate if you don't succeed. Justice is coming.. the wheels may turn slowly, but they're moving and will grind the bones of that troll, trumplestiltskin.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2022, 12:52 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
i still think he will get away with it while he is alive. just like ken lay did.

I'm still sticking to my guns and saying No, he'll be held accountable and made an example of. The USA is a wee bit of a "F around and find out!!" sort of entity. They've carpet bombed countries back to the stone age for less. There is a Zero % chance that they take a "Meh, it's just trump being trump there's nothing we can do about it," sort of attitude towards trumps criming - especially the seditious/treasonous crimes. There's a Zero % chance that the US DOJ/courts leave things open for any subsequent potus to abuse like trumplestiltskin did. He's going to be nailed to the wall for it and made an example of like so many other criminals in America, for the deterrent value, ensuring every other politician that ever takes office in the USA knows that you don't get to just try to overthrow the US gov't and skate if you don't succeed. Justice is coming.. the wheels may turn slowly, but they're moving and will grind the bones of that troll, trumplestiltskin.

you are way more optimistic about the state of our nation, than i am. there is just too much corruption at all levels for me to feel safe here.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2022, 12:54 pm

I hope you’re right, goldfish.

As for me, I’m rooting for the Georgia attorney general. She might put him away faster with state charges.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2022, 1:02 pm

State charges are even better than federal charges.

Trump wouldn’t be able to pardon himself (not that he can, anyway).

And state prisons tend to be rougher than federal prisons.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2022, 1:03 pm

he is old, and if the tides go against him he will either flee to a friendly nation, or do a ken lay on us.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2022, 1:03 pm

I haven't read every article or watched every news clip, but the general theme of trump related news lately is that he's losing, losing again, lost another case/appeal etc, over and over and over again in every legal arena in the country. Tax returns released, defamation and rape case proceeding, minimum $250M civil suit in NY, Georgia election fraud case going forward, maga-lardo stolen documents case getting hotter, inciting/aiding the J6 insurrection etc etc etc.. it seems like every non-stick pan, the teflon has worn out and donnie trump's in a number of sticky situations. Dude's going straight down like a fat sack of potatoes.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2022, 1:04 pm

let him go straight down to perdition. let him BBQ down there.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2022, 1:34 pm

auntblabby wrote:
let him go straight down to perdition. let him BBQ down there.

:heart: :heart: :heart:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2022, 2:14 pm

"while i would not wish harm upon anybody, i will admit to deriving great pleasure from reading certain obituaries."[clarence darrow]

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2022, 6:38 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
I haven't read every article or watched every news clip, but the general theme of trump related news lately is that he's losing, losing again, lost another case/appeal etc, over and over and over again in every legal arena in the country. Tax returns released, defamation and rape case proceeding, minimum $250M civil suit in NY, Georgia election fraud case going forward, maga-lardo stolen documents case getting hotter, inciting/aiding the J6 insurrection etc etc etc.. it seems like every non-stick pan, the teflon has worn out and donnie trump's in a number of sticky situations. Dude's going straight down like a fat sack of potatoes.

There is a very, very long and twisted road between the kinds of loses he has been experiencing, and actual conviction in a criminal court. Too long and twisted to actually ever be fully traveled, in my opinion. I believe he can be stalled, and that will have to be good enough. Only time will tell, of course.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2022, 6:52 pm

i am predicting that he will not flee to saudi arabia, i think part of the reason biden did his deal with them is to preclude that, in addition to the energy matters. but i do believe he will flee to russia when he gets his target letter from DOJ.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2022, 1:01 pm

auntblabby wrote:
i am predicting that he will not flee to saudi arabia, i think part of the reason biden did his deal with them is to preclude that, in addition to the energy matters. but i do believe he will flee to russia when he gets his target letter from DOJ.

Maybe.

Never know what could happen there, though.. like when his boss finds out his accounts are all frozen and his NFT scam money has been seized and he can't make his interest payments on the shady loans that have floated his lifestyle, maybe he'll trip and fall out a window or something like so many other well to do Russians that fell out of favour with the big boss in Moscow.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2022, 5:58 pm

i don't believe anything punitive will happen to that man WHILE HE IS ALIVE*..... :twisted:

*when he meets his maker, however....

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2022, 6:20 pm

^ :heart: :heart: :heart: