Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

goatfish57
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In a village in La Mancha whose name I cannot recall

22 Dec 2022, 3:05 pm

I started using ChatGPT to react to the emails that I plan to send. The command starts with how would <person> react to this letter and then the letter follows. I need to figure out better language for the command.

Reading the letter from another person's perspective is difficult for me and I often write letters that can be misunderstood. So far, it seems to work pretty well. Now, if I could do this in real-time with conversations. Maybe, the next version of ChatGPT can help me empathize with the people I must talk with.

Not Diagnosed and Not Sure

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2022, 8:07 pm

I literally don't have this problem. I automatically know how someone will feel when reading emails and messages. What makes it worse is my impulsiveness, where I am conscious of what I'm doing but I can't always stop myself. But that usually happens when I'm anonymous.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2022, 5:31 am

I would need this. Though, if only there's an informal Tagalog version of that.

Mine is less about empathy and more about command of language itself.

If I have more mastery over language, I'd able to "empathize" just as having faster sensory processing speed would make me more "articulate" and being a "better listener".

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2022, 11:22 am

I don't think I'd like it if it wrote my replies for me. I'd feel better about something that just told me what the author might be feeling, with a breakdown of what they'd written that had indicated those feelings. That way I might be able to compare the computer's ideas with my own, and learn to figure such things out for myself better if it started to look like I wasn't very good at it already. Of course it all would depend on whether or not the program works very well. Mostly my problem with divining feelings is that although I have quite a few insights, I don't know whether to believe them or not.

goatfish57
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2022, 12:45 pm

ToughDiamond wrote:
I don't think I'd like it if it wrote my replies for me. I'd feel better about something that just told me what the author might be feeling, with a breakdown of what they'd written that had indicated those feelings. That way I might be able to compare the computer's ideas with my own, and learn to figure such things out for myself better if it started to look like I wasn't very good at it already. Of course it all would depend on whether or not the program works very well. Mostly my problem with divining feelings is that although I have quite a few insights, I don't know whether to believe them or not.

That is the way I am using it. To see how others will understand and emotionally respond to my correspondence. I am still trying to get it to make suggestions that will improve my writing. In the past, I have been too literal and other people tend to read or hear what they expect. This can be a disaster. Especially when dealing with a boss or family member

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2022, 1:02 pm

this really sounds like a useful tool for many Aspies . In trying to live in a NT world (most likely).
Need a program( app) like this programmed into my brains speech center .

where ever you go ,there you are

goatfish57
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2022, 2:41 pm

ChatGPT has no sense of humor

tell a funny story about dropping an egg

One time, I was making breakfast and decided to make a fried egg. I cracked the egg into the pan and it started to sizzle. I was so excited to eat my delicious fried egg that I forgot to put a plate next to the stove. As I was flipping the egg, it flew out of the pan and landed on the floor with a loud splat! I couldn't help but laugh at the absurdity of the situation. I ended up having to sweep up the broken egg and make a new one, but at least I had a good story to tell.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2022, 5:08 pm

8O Even British toilet humour is funnier than that, though it's hard to know why.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2022, 7:23 pm

Sometimes, humour does not always convey very well using the written word, i think ? 8O
but often "irony " can be conveyed more easily ....... i think. :nerdy: :mrgreen:

where ever you go ,there you are

goatfish57
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2022, 1:02 pm

Edna3362 wrote:

If I have more mastery over language, I'd able to "empathize" just as having faster sensory processing speed would make me more "articulate" and being a "better listener".

explain syncopation in tagalog

Syncopation ay kapag ang isang pangkalahatang ritmo ay hindi sumusunod sa karaniwang pattern ng panahon sa isang musikal na komposisyon. Ito ay nangangailangan ng pagtugma ng mga nota sa hindi karaniwang panahon, karaniwang sa pamamagitan ng pagpapaliwanag sa mga nota sa pagitan ng mga panahon sa halip na sa panahon ng panahon. Halimbawa, kapag ang isang nota ay pinutol sa panahon ng panahon at inilagay sa pagitan ng mga panahon, ito ay tinatawag na syncopation. Sa Tagalog, ito ay tinatawag din na pagsasabog ng ritmo.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2023, 7:30 pm

Bumping-up discusison thread:

Chat-GPT as a means to augment ('augment' the key term) trusted humans understanding of neurodivisity, and the Autism Spectrum needs further discussions.

Before I consult with Chat-GPT: I'm inquiring here on WP to assess experiences with how CHAT GPT has augmented, and proved helpful for people concerned with the Autism Spectrum. What has proven helpful (or not helpful) regarding social skills? Can important Chat-GPT examples be posted in this disc. thread?

Of course the same-old, same-old challenges in developing friendships with, or consulting with quality, trusted people understanding of neurodividity still remains elusive!

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2023, 8:18 am

I wouldn't trust any of those tools at this point. I think it probably will get better, but there's just too much chance for accidental nazis and content that superficially looks like what you want, but completely misses the point. And given that part of why we want a tool like this to help with communication, it seems like we're probably the last people that ought to be using a tool like this in this fashion.

I use this stuff a bit to help speed things up, for example, I've got a numerous.ai plugin for google sheets that can look up the full title of my DVDs and reformat it into a convenient format with the at the end, as well as look up the genre, release date and run time. But, I wouldn't trust the thing to deal with any sort of emotional content at this point, there's just too much risk of things going awry and I have no idea what they're training it on.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2023, 6:02 pm

JustFoundHere wrote:

Chat-GPT as a means to augment ('augment' the key term) trusted humans understanding of neurodivisity, and the Autism Spectrum needs further discussions.

Before I consult with Chat-GPT: I'm inquiring here on WP to assess experiences with how CHAT GPT has augmented, and proved helpful for people concerned with the Autism Spectrum. What has proven helpful (or not helpful) regarding social skills? Can important Chat-GPT examples be posted in this disc. thread?

Of course the same-old, same-old challenges in developing friendships with, or consulting with quality, trusted people understanding of neurodividity still remains elusive!

ADDENDUM: I would refrain from using (or augmenting) CHAT-GPT on sensitive topics related to the Autism Spectrum.

As mentioned in the above post, the challenges of developing firendships with thoughtful people who have some understanding/interest in neurodiversity, and the Autism Spectrum (AS) - or finding trustworthy, affordable professional services experienced with neurodiverse clientele remains elusive.

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2023, 11:10 am

JustFoundHere wrote:
JustFoundHere wrote:

ADDENDUM: I would refrain from using (or augmenting) CHAT-GPT on sensitive topics related to the Autism Spectrum.

As mentioned in the above post, the challenges of developing firendships with thoughtful people who have some understanding/interest in neurodiversity, and the Autism Spectrum (AS) - or finding trustworthy, affordable professional services experienced with neurodiverse clientele remains elusive.

I wish I could use an ML program for that, I'm just very hesitant to trust something that is trained on God only knows what and isn't tested or validated for explaining things to ND people. It's a hard problem to begin with, but I wouldn't personally expect it to be good enough any time soon.

I'm afraid that it will turn out the way it did when I was using apparent positive reactions from my peers to learn social interactions and found out that much of it wasn't in my best interests got the long term.

Relatively, that's probably one of the lesser harms that could come of it and also one of the more likely ones.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2023, 2:25 pm

CHAT-GPT is best for inforamtionla purposes - even at that, it's best to take CHAT GPT results with a "grain of salt!"

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2023, 2:49 pm

goatfish57 wrote:
Edna3362 wrote:

explain syncopation in tagalog

Syncopation ay kapag ang isang pangkalahatang ritmo ay hindi sumusunod sa karaniwang pattern ng panahon sa isang musikal na komposisyon. Ito ay nangangailangan ng pagtugma ng mga nota sa hindi karaniwang panahon, karaniwang sa pamamagitan ng pagpapaliwanag sa mga nota sa pagitan ng mga panahon sa halip na sa panahon ng panahon. Halimbawa, kapag ang isang nota ay pinutol sa panahon ng panahon at inilagay sa pagitan ng mga panahon, ito ay tinatawag na syncopation. Sa Tagalog, ito ay tinatawag din na pagsasabog ng ritmo.

... This is even harder for me to read to be honest. And this is far from 'informal'. :lol:

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.